Ragnarok Odyssey ACE Comes to PS3 & PS Vita on April 1st in North America, Check Out a New Trailer
With Ragnarok Odyssey ACE “just about done,” XSEED Games has confirmed that the revised and expanded version of the original Ragnarok Odyssey will be released on April 1st in North America (no word on Europe) for the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita. ACE on PS3 will be sold for $39.99 in retail stores and the PlayStation Store, while the PS Vita version will be $39.99 in retail stores (with a 25-song sountrack CD) and $34.99 on the PlayStation Store.
Showing off gameplay and the new features found within ACE, here’s a trailer for the game:
Here’s a partial rundown of what’s been added to ACE:
- More character creation options includes 8 new voices (four each for male and female).
- In single player, the game offers 12 elite AI mercenaries, 2 of whom you can select to recruit for a mission.
- In multiplayer, every class has many new job-specific powers called ACE Skills. These enhance characters’ roles as team players.
- Cross Play between the PS3 and PS Vita versions.
- Halomonas is a new special weapon type that grows in power as the characters do.
- Once you finish Chapter 9 (the original ending in Ragnarok Odyssey), the Tower of Yggdrasil opens up and has 400 floors to explore, with a new layout every visit for each.
- For the story, there are new characters, dialogue sequences, and content, but the majority of new story content starts when the Tower of Yggdrasil becomes available.
- New control schemes allow you to lock-on, dash, and maneuver as you see fit.
- Billionaire Pot turns old loot into new goods.
- Benefits of weapon refining are no longer random.
- ACE’s tavern (a multiplayer hub) now includes speaking tubes where you can buy and sell from the fort’s merchants.
- Two patches will be available for ACE “soon” and introduce new features, special daily quests, random card draws, log-in bonuses, leaderboards, additional ACE skills, and a new boss rush mode called Prison of the Gods.
- Owners of Ragnarok Odyssey can import their characters to either the PS Vita or the PS3 version of ACE – after which the characters can migrate between both – and have the characters’ name, appearance, and cards transfer over (cards equipped on outfits do not transfer, nor do the outfits or weapons themselves).
- Trophies earned in Ragnarok Odyssey stay in Ragnarok Odyssey, but “many of the Trophies are new [in ACE], and most of the not-new ones are the kind you won’t have to go out of your way for.”
- Any additional DLC acquired in Ragnarok Odyssey can also be transferred by re-downloading it from the PlayStation Store.
Will you be buying Ragnarok Odyssey ACE in April? Let us know in the comments below.