The Last of Us: Grounded Bundle DLC Fully Detailed, Includes a Bunch of New Content (Update)
Update: Naughty Dog has said that the Grounded Bundle “should be arriving in the next few weeks.” They’ll also “be sharing the trophy list in an upcoming blog.”
Original Story: The final piece of The Last of Us Season Pass DLC has been revealed today, with Naughty Dog calling it the Grounded Bundle.
Included in the Grounded Bundle will be the new Grounded Mode, which is described as “the hardest challenge you’ll ever face as you try to complete the single-player campaign of The Last of Us. The AI is relentless, smart, and brutal, and survival will be near impossible. ‘Completed Grounded Mode’ might be one of the most difficult Trophies you’ll ever earn.” If you don’t own the Season Pass, Grounded Mode will cost $4.99 by itself.
Also in the Grounded Bundle is the Reclaimed Territories Map Pack. Featuring four new maps – Wharf, Capitol, Coal Mine, Water Tower – each of these new maps has a mix of Trophies attached to them and will feel “familiar yet unfamiliar to players of the single-player campaign.”
Here’s the details of the Reclaimed Territories Map Pack, which will cost $9.99 if you don’t own the Season Pass:
- Wharf – Set in the rusted-out docks where Joel encountered Robert, the Wharf map features close quarters gameplay, two snipers nests, and a giant boat. It’s full of good opportunities for climbing, flanking, and stealth.
- Capitol – Set in Boston, the Capitol Map features indoor and outdoor gameplay. It encourages the intelligent use of flanking.
- Coal Mine – Set in Colorado, Coal Mine is a winter map that’s spotted with abandoned buildings. It’s a spacious map that has long lines of sight and a bridge that’s a perfect perch for snipers. The dynamic snowstorm obscures the view so be on your toes.
- Water Tower – Set in Lincoln, PA, the Water Tower map features two primary chokepoints for some deadly face-to-face confrontations. It’s mainly an outdoor map with a few indoor areas and some very unique lighting. It might seem open, but it’s really a tight map that’s perfect for close quarters melee.
Next up in the Grounded Bundle is the Survivalist Weapon Bundle, which will cost $5.99 to non-Season Pass holders, and includes four new weapons: Specter, Double Barrel, Enforcer, and Launcher. Check out the details below:
- Specter – A silenced assault rifle that’s great if your style is stealth stalker. PSN purchase unlocks this gun for use in your Custom Loadout. Equip in the Purchasable loadout slot, then use in-game parts to buy it during the match.
- Double Barrel – Classic, deadly, double-barrel shotgun. Only 1 loadout point. PSN purchase unlocks this gun for use in your Custom Loadout. Equip in the Purchasable loadout slot, then use in-game parts to buy it during the match.
- Enforcer – Highly accurate pistol but will cost you an extra loadout point.
- Launcher – A weapon that fires small explosives, in the vein of a home-made potato gun. PSN purchase unlocks this gun for use in your Custom Loadout. Equip in the Purchasable loadout slot, then use in-game parts to buy it during the match.
Last up in the Grounded Bundle are the Situational Survival Skills Bundle and Professional Survival Skills Bundle, which will be $3.99 each if you don’t own the Season Pass. Adding new skills, here’s what you get with each bundle:
Situational Survival Skills Bundle
- Agility – Climb, vault, and move while crouching faster than you could before. At level 3 you are nearly impossible to hear while moving.
- Awareness – See enemy nametags before they see yours and enemy nametags remain on screen for several seconds when taking fire.
- Fortitude – Downed? Level up this skill and it will help you survive longer as you’ll take longer to bleed out, crawl faster, and have more health when downed. At higher levels you’ll start with an extra health pack, and earn extra parts each time you heal.
- Scavenger – Automatically pick up ammo and supplies and see increases in drops from enemies with this valuable skill. At level 3 enemies sometimes drop a random crafting ingredient.
Professional Survival Skills Bundle
- Gunslinger – Equip this skill to start each spawn with more pistol ammo as you level up the skill.
- Bomb Expert – Your bombs will explode more quickly and you’ll be immune to the stun of your own smoke bomb as you level up this skill.
- Executioner – If your play style is the higher the risk, the greater the reward, then this is the skill you want. Earn more parts for shiv kills and special executions, and get extra shiv uses every time you craft a shiv.
- Damage Marker – Good at hitting your targets? This is the skill for you as you’ll automatically mark any enemies you hit and earn double the parts for making.
If for some reason you haven’t bought the Season Pass yet for The Last of Us, which saves you over 80% versus buying each piece of DLC separately, Naughty Dog has revealed that The Last of Us Season Pass will disappear on May 13th in North America and May 14th in Europe. So, if you have any interest in The Last of Us DLC, get the Season Pass now!
For a couple other pieces of info: Naughty Dog will be livestreaming the Grounded Bundle at 12PM Pacific on April 24th through their Twitch channel. As well, the Full-Auto Rifle will be free to everyone when it comes out.
Once the Grounded Bundle has a release date, we’ll let you know.
Don’t forget: Left Behind, the Abandoned Territories map pack, and the Reclaimed Territories map pack for The Last of Us will be bundled together with The Last of Us Remastered on PS4 when it launches later this year.