#KillAllZombies Coming to PS4 Soon, Details Revealed
In a press release sent over today, Beatshapers — an indie developer and digital publisher — announced #KillAllZombies (yes, it’s really titled as a hashtag), a third-person “arena with streaming interactions” that’s set for the PlayStation 4 soon.
Listed below are the game’s key features straight from the presser:
- Hordes of zombies to fight!
- Live stream interactions enabling spectators to affect gameplay while watching the broadcast via Live from PlayStation® or Twitch.
- Interactively changing arena.The arena comprises of hundreds of hexagon shaped tiles that are capable of totally changing the dynamics of the gameplay by altering the landscape by spawning new obstacles, such as various cars and knives and others.
- Multiple weapons (7 weapons at launch) and ammo types (normal/armor-piercing/freezing/toxic)
- Powerful perks and leveling system. Killing significant quantities of zombies will earn XP, which will eventually enable the player to level up, which is a very important process as it provides the player with a choice of perks that will be incredibly helpful in surviving the hordes of zombies.
Additionally, it’s mentioned that social interactivity is an important feature of the game. One “central attribute” to social interactivity is involving stream viewers into core gameplay via chat and voting, which will allow players to “participate” via the PS4’s Twitch app.
Here’s how spectators can affect the game streamer:
- Every ~80 seconds, we have a choice of two encounters options available to vote via interactions including: encounter spawns and various arena events.
- The perk selection screen has its own voting mechanic in which if the player decides to wait and select the spectator’s most voted perk, the player will be offered extra XP and Health.
- The chat commands are available throughout the broadcast as we are executing chat commands in real time; allowing the spectators to affect on a variety of imperative decisions that can significantly increase or decrease your chance of survival: affecting character’s speed or health, changing arena configuration, spawning more zombies and obstacles; and for the most evil of spectators is the opportunity to deliberately change the camera angle to a less effective perspective and reverse the entire control scheme and much more!
More info regarding #KillAllZombies will be revealed next week at gamescom.