UK Sales Chart: Advanced Warfare Debuts in 1st, is Only the 5th Biggest Call of Duty Launch Ever
Putting an end to FIFA 15’s stay at the top, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare easily finished in first place, besting the week 1 sales posted by Call of Duty: Ghosts. However, Advanced Warfare is just the 5th biggest Call of Duty launch in the series overall.
Looking at Titanfall, Destiny, and Wolfenstein – three other big first-person shooters from this year – Advanced Warfare’s week 1 sales beat all three of them combined by almost 14%.
It was a fairly slow week everywhere else with Call of Duty getting the most attention, though retailer promotions did help push Alien: Isolation all the way up to 4th.
Here’s the top 20 selling retail games in the UK for the week ending November 8, 2014, according to GfK Chart-track:
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- FIFA 15 (down 20%)
- Football Manager 15
- Alien: Isolation (up 120%)
- Destiny (up 3%)
- Minecraft: PlayStation Edition (down 41%)
- Skylanders Trap Team (up 6%)
- Sunset Overdrive (down 61%)
- The Evil Within (down 44%)
- Minecraft: Xbox Edition (up 9%)
- Forza Horizon 2
- Disney Infinity 2.0 (up 10%)
- WWE 2K15
- Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
- Watch Dogs
- Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag
- Super Smash Bros
- LEGO The Hobbit
- Tomodachi Life
- Frozen: Olaf’s Quest
Do you think Assassin’s Creed Unity will finish in first place? Do you think Rogue will debut in the top 10?