Next Assassin’s Creed Unity Update Addresses Gameplay, Stability, AI & More
After bringing us Patch 2 last week, Ubisoft has revealed that Patch 3 for Assassin’s Creed Unity is coming soon on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, with this update set to be “larger in scope, addressing a number of bugs in the areas where you’re telling us you’re having the most problems.”
Full details about the update aren’t final yet, but here’s what they are focusing on:
- Gameplay – This includes bugs like Arno getting stuck on certain areas of the map (including a few more hay carts), problems with getting into/out of cover, character animation bugs, and general camera problems
- AI & Crowd – In this category are problems with NPC animations, crowd events, and crowd stations, NPC navigation issues, as well as bugs related to NPCs detecting Arno’s activities in various situations
- Matchmaking & Connectivity – This covers a number of issues related to co-op play, including bugs with joining games in-progress and problems that happen during host migration
- Menus & HUD – Fixes in this category will address missing details in certain menus, problems with some of the mission objective and co-op update pop-ups, localization inconsistencies, as well as some of the issues with menus and pop-ups overlapping each other
- General Stability – This includes fixes for a number of crash situations we’ve identified in both campaign and co-op modes.
Ubisoft says, “Part of what we want to do at this point is balance the competing desires to get as much as we can into the patch with getting it out quickly.” Once Patch 3 is finalized we’ll receive details, though they admit that “this next patch won’t solve every problem, but we’re expecting that it will dramatically improve your experience.”
As for the frame-rate drops, those are still being investigated.
[Source: Assassin’s Creed Website]