Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Update Today on PS4, PC Fixes Various Issues
Reportedly taking up 2.56GB, a new Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare update went live today on PlayStation 4 and PC, following the latest update on Xbox One and Xbox 360 this past Tuesday to enable the new Ascendance DLC. There was no mention of the update coming soon to PlayStation 3, so it could be a bit of a wait.
While the update on PS4/PC today doesn’t include support for Ascendance (a patch later this month should), you will find many updates to various aspects of the game:
- Adjusted the amount of damage reduction by the Flak Jacket perk in Hardcore modes.
- Fixed a rare issue where viewing the scoreboard could result in a crash.
- Fixed an exploit where players were able to join a playlist with a party size larger than the playlist allowed.
- Fixed an exploit where players were able to shoot directed energy weapons continuously without overheating.
- Fixed an issue where some HUD elements were viewable when spectating in third-person mode.
- Fixed an issue where some static UI would remain on the screen after spectating.
- Fixed a rare crash issue when leaving a Private Match.
- Atlas 20mm – Snapper now has the correct magazine size.
- Fixed an issue where the OHM’s shotgun mode would not have any spread for its shots.
- PDW – Added laser sight attachment.
- Fixed an issue where Advanced Supply Drops sometimes open on the left side of the screen.
- Added Gun Game medals to Combat Record menu.
- Added Gun Game to the list of modes in the Combat Record.
- Fixed an issue where the “Favorite Weapon” displayed in the Combat Record was not tallying kills from weapon variants.
- Double XP Images shown in game are now localized.
- Fixed where the correct alternate weapon mode would display when a character has more than one weapon with an alternate weapon mode.
- Fixed an issue where players were earning a Underdog and Vandalism medal from their own team.
- Fixed an issue where some weapons picked up from an enemy did not count towards the Backfire medal or Guerrilla Warfare challenge.
- Fixed an issue where the Tac-19’s Parabolic microphone attachment displayed it unlocked after 40 kills while aiming down the sights.
- Store UI Improvements.
- Added a confirmation pop-up when using copy / paste over an existing emblem.
- Fixed a rare issue where emblems from purchased mDLC wouldn’t show in the Emblem Editor.
- Fixed a rare issue where players could obtain a turret head with infinite ammo.
- Fixed an exploit with the Aerial Recon Drone scorestreak.
- Adjusted the kill feed team color to match scorecard team color.
- Improvements made to the legibility of the player card.
Game Mode Specific Updates
- Gun Game: Increased the Party Size limit from 1 to 8.
- Gun Game: Added random loot variants to each weapon tier.
- Adjusted the Satellite drone mechanics so it would not be dropped immediately after going prone or sliding in water.
- Adjusted spawning logic for Free-For-All & Gun Game game modes.
- Adjusting various spawning logic for Domination game mode.
- Adjusted various spawning logic for Search and Rescue game mode.
Map Specific Updates
- Fixed various out of map exploits across different multiplayer maps.
- Fixed a rare issue where some players were not able to spawn in to the game on the Core map.
- Adjusted various spawns for CTF and Uplink on Solar.
- Adjusted various spawns for Uplink on Recovery.
- Adjusted various spawns for Momentum on Comeback.
- Fixes for out of map exploits and bomb defusing on Comeback.
- Various fixes related to the dynamic map event for the map Drift.
Exo Survival Updates
- Fixed an issue where parties were being split when entering matchmaking.
Exo Zombies Updates
- Fixed various out of map exploits where players could remain in place and not be attacked by zombies.
- Enemies will now correctly ignore players in the incinerator room.
- Fixed an issue where items required for the Exo Zombies Easter Egg would disappear when a player respawns.
- Exo Zombies: Fixed an issue where the nano swarm would remain for a longer duration after a host migration.
- Exo Zombies: Fixed an issue where the 3D printer would malfunction without having enough credits to operate.
When Ascendance is given a confirmed release date on PlayStation and PC, we’ll let you know.