The Castle Game Launches on August 4 for PS4
A “medieval fantasy 3D tower defense game,” The Castle Game adds some unique features, with developer Ayngaran Vamatheva saying that escort missions will be included, meaning you have to build walls to keep enemies out, while also keeping an open path for your allies. Not only that, but your structures can be destroyed by the smarter enemies, meaning you need to use your giant repair hammer or Engineers to repair any damage.
Repairing is one of the ‘battle actions’ in the game, which also include a lightning spell, focus fire which makes defenders focus on a single enemy, the ability call in reinforcement, an air-strike Phoenix spells, and a super-powerful Chaos spell.
Here’s the description for The Castle Game:
Create impenetrable fortresses and elaborate mazes, and defend them with hidden traps, brave knights, sharp-eyed archers, long-ranged catapults, clever engineers, and more! Featuring an intuitive control scheme designed specifically for the PlayStation 4 system.
Use your unbridled creativity to construct your perfect defense. Attackers follow no pre-set paths, so you’ll have to cleverly place your defenses. Destroy the undead Bone King and his skeletal army. Bring down the legendary Frost Dragon that can freeze entire towns with its chilly breath. With 100% destroyable structures, wily AI, and fantastic effects, become the Master Tactician you really are.
- Play 15 beautiful maps through Campaign, Survival, and Sandbox gameplay modes.
- Help your defenders using god-like powers obtained through unearthing legendary relics found throughout the Kingdom.
- Unique gameplay experiences like escort missions to protect the King’s miners, and building and defending research structures to unlock new technology.
- Upgrade your defenses and powers in the Armory using gems acquired through victory.
- Beautiful landscapes, sumptuous medieval music, and quirky voice overs provide a highly entertaining experience.
Do you think The Castle Game might be one of the PlayStation Plus free games in August?