Iron Banner and Trials of Osiris Return to Destiny This Month With Significant Changes
With Year Two a few weeks old, Bungie has revealed that Iron Banner and Trials of Osiris are returning to Destiny soon, complete with some changes.
In their latest Weekly Update, Bungie confirmed the Iron Banner’s return for October 13, where power still matters. Crucible Designer Jeremiah Pieschl talked about the changes this time around, which includes adjusting the damage curves to work with the new measurement systems and everything you see below:
- The tempered buff is now automatically applied and continues to grow in effectiveness each day of the event.
- The alt catch-up buff and Iron Medallion mechanics are unchanged.
- Potential match completion rewards now include both weapons and armor, matching the same items available from Lord Saladin during each event.
- Drop rates have been increased and are intended to be the primary source of rewards from Iron Banner. If you don’t get what you’re hoping for, you have the option to visit Lord Saladin instead.
- Gear purchased from Lord Saladin now requires Legendary Marks instead of Glimmer.
- New emblems have been added to his inventory.
- All new bounties including 9 Daily bounties (3 per day) and 3 new Weekly bounties which reward Legendary Marks.
- Recommended minimum Light for Iron Banner: 230.
- Only Level 40 Guardians can lead a Fireteam.
On October 16, Trials of Osiris returns and power still matters. Senior Designer Derek Carroll explained all the changes:
- Trials gear will now drop exclusively as end-of-match rewards for winning teams: The more you win, the better those drops will be; There’s no need to return to Brother Vance, all rewards come directly to you.
- Passage Coins still drop for the losing team. Trials is still about winning, but Coins can help make that easier.
- Trials Passages now have a Details page containing your active buffs. You won’t be able to add buffs once you’ve started your Trial, so make sure you buy them first!
- Players that go undefeated on their Passage will continue to be invited to The Lighthouse.
- Players may continue to play in the Trials past 9 wins (but they won’t get any better gear).
- Brother Vance now has Trials Bounties available each weekend to provide players with a way to get sweet Trials gear, even if they’re not reaching the Lighthouse.
- Regular Crucible Bounties are also still valid in Trials.
- We will attempt to match up teams with similar win counts: If you have 1 win, we will try to match you with another team with only 1 win; If you have 8 wins… yup.
- If we can’t find a high-quality match, we will loosen the win requirements first (in other words, we will not prioritize “wins” over low-latency matches).
- Overtime timer in Elimination will now show 0:00 instead of stopping at 0:01 when time expires.
- Teammate and enemy Revives now have distinct audio cues.
- Recommended minimum Light for Trials of Osiris: 290.
- Only Guardians with at least 251 Light can lead a Fireteam.
Elsewhere in the Weekly Update, Bungie says they are aware of players losing Armsday Orders when redeemed from the weapons section of Character Inventory. “To avoid this issue, only redeem completed Armsday orders from the Gunsmith in the Tower.”
Additionally, full Fireteams of five players or more that have faced Oryx in his final form are 34.48% successful.
Next week, Bungie will “have some revelations about what else Year Two will hold for you.”