Kerbal Space Program Launching in July 2016 for PS4 & Xbox One
In a statement from Squad CEO Ezequiel Ayarza, he revealed that the console version includes an “awesome control experience” and easier access to space exploration, and they’re confident of the port’s quality:
Following the huge success Kerbal Space Program has had on PC with players and critics alike, we want to give console players the opportunity to play Kerbal Space Program in this redefined user experience. It has been a long road but finally we are confident of the quality of the game on consoles. An awesome control experience awaits you, as well as easier access to the wonderful world of space exploration, where even exploding is a lot of fun. We invite everyone to enjoy the excitement of flying rockets built by yourself, landing on planets and much more!
Playing as the person in charge of the recently launch space program for the Kerbals, a fun and clever alien race, your job is to build vehicles that can take them on space travel missions.
You’ll find three gameplay modes in Kerbal Space Program: Sandbox (you’re free to build anything you can come up with), Science Mode (perform scientific experiments and advance the knowledge of the Kerbals to unlock new technologies), and Career Mode (you control every aspect of the space, including crew management and side missions to upgrade your space center). When you reach deep space, you’ll be able to capture asteroids, launch mining programs, and build space stations.
Here’s a list of the key features:
- Friendly user experience! – Don’t feel intimidated, it is easier than it looks. And besides, it feels so good when you make an achievement you won’t want to stop.
- Anything is possible! – The Vehicle Assembly Building and the Space Plane Hangar allows players to build multi-stage spacecraft out of any imaginable combination of parts.
- Awesome realistic simulation! – Fully-fledged, physics-based, space flight simulation ensures everything will fly (and crash) as it should.
- Limitless exploration! – Procedural terrain delivers detailed terrain at a vast scale that you can explore with your Kerbal crew. The Kerbal Planet alone is 600km in radius! Fly to distant moons and other planets.
- Control freak! – Full control over your ship’s advanced functions and systems allows for massively complex starships, space stations and surface bases on other worlds.
- Play as the captain! – Manage your crew-members, hire them, and send them out into space and make them into heroes.
- Manage your resources like a boss! – Extract valuable resources from all over the solar system to research and develop new technologies to advance your Space Program.