Carnival Games VR Brings the Popular Series to PlayStation VR & HTC Vive on October 28
2K announced today that their first virtual reality game will be Carnival Games VR, which releases digitally on October 28 for PlayStation VR and HTC Vive, and later this year for Oculus Rift. Priced at $19.99, Carnival Games VR lets you explore the park, interact with patrons, and play these 12 different games:
- Alley Ball: Roll the ball right into one of the holes at the end of the alley – try and get a high score!
- Ring Toss: Get rings to toss onto pegs for points so make sure you aim for the ones with the most points!
- Golden Arm: Wind up and test out your arm when you try to knock over the golden milk jug(s) with a baseball.
- Down The Stretch: Race to the finish by rolling the ball into the holes at the end of the ramp! Be sure to land them into the highlighted hole for an extra burst of speed.
- Pop Darts: Hit as many balloons as you can with darts but if you feel lucky, you can pop all eight balloons by hitting a moving target.
- Shark Tank: Don’t hesitate when it comes to hitting a moving target as fast as you can in order to dunk patrons into this water tank!
- Funnel Cake Stacker: It’s raining funnel cakes! Catch as many funnel cakes on the tray as you can.
- Swish: Test your basketball skills when you only have seconds to make as many baskets as possible.
- Haunted House: BOO! Don’t be scared when you jump in this moving cart where you need to shoot as many targets as you can while the cart moves through the Haunted House.
- Fast Pitch: Strike! Or maybe it’s a Ball – catch each pitch as best you can whether it’s swerving, slow or fast!
- Shooting Gallery: Quick draw and test your aim while you have unlimited shots to try and hit as many targets as you can.
- Climbing Wall: Don’t look down! Climb as fast as you can to reach the treasure at the top of the climbing wall.
In addition to online leaderboards where you can challenge your friends, each game allows you to collect tickets, which are used to buy virtual items and unlock new games. You can then interact with these items in different playrooms, with 2K’s Darren Gladstone adding, “For example, you score enough tickets to buy a Ball-and-Chain – try swinging them around in the Prize Room. It’s more than just a trophy room, though – it’s a sandbox! Goof around with your prizes in a free form environment and see what happens! (Pro-tip: Many of the game’s Trophies are earned through how you play with prizes.)”
If you’re planning on picking up Carnival Games VR, 2K notes that it’s a VR-only game and can’t be played without the PlayStation VR headset and PlayStation Move controllers.
The Carnival Games series has shipped more than nine million copies worldwide, and 2K’s Sarah Anderson talked about the new entry:
Virtual reality is an exciting new emerging platform that has the potential to enhance the way that interactive entertainment is created and experienced. As our first foray into this space, we wanted to deliver a highly accessible entertainment experience that would allow players to immerse themselves in the familiar, classic fun of our Carnival Games series. With its stylized interactive environments and all-new features, Carnival Games VR will deliver the magic of the midway like never before.
Carnival Games VR will be playable at PAX West this weekend.