NieR: Automata Gets a Battle Trailer, Trophy List Revealed
In the new NieR: Automata trailer today, titled Arsenal of Elegant Destruction, Square Enix introduces the weapon types, combo system, and battle mechanics.
“The game will feature four weapon types available to protagonist 2B (small swords, large swords, spears and combat bracers) that can be switched mid-combo to maximize 2B’s range of abilities and effectiveness,” they said. “Players can also unlock a diverse arsenal of weapons and upgrades to the player’s Pod support system to enhance their gameplay.”
Thanking you for playing and rewarding you for viewing the final credits, the full NieR: Automata Trophy list has been revealed by Exophase. We removed potentially story-spoiling Gold and Bronze Trophies, but we left all other Trophies (including the Silver ones for achieving the different endings), so be aware of potential spoilers ahead:
- Final Words – Thank you for playing.
- The Minds That Emerged – View the final credits.
- One Battle Ends – Achieve ending A.
- A New Battle Begins – Achieve ending B.
- Leaving for the New World – Achieve 9S’s ending.
- Beautiful World – Achieve A2’s ending.
- Cherish Our Resources – Have 100 bodies collected.
- The Mercenary – 80% of all quests completed.
- Weapons Maniac – All Pod programs obtained.
- Inorganic Blade – All weapons upgraded to the highest level.
- Supreme Support Weapons – All Pods upgraded to the highest level.
- Machines vs. Machines – 50 machine lifeforms destroyed by remote control.
- Ruler of the Skies – 255 enemies destroyed using a flight unit.
- Harvest King – Materials gathered at a hidden harvest point 10 times.
- Desire Without Emotion – At least 100,000 G in possession.
- Resuscitated Body – Stare into space from the Bunker.
- Vestiges of Prosperity – Arrive at the city ruins.
- It’s a Healthy Baby Boy! – Complete the desert area.
- We Await Your Next Visit – Complete the amusement park ruins.
- Creation and Insurrection – Complete the alien ship.
- The Mechanical Kingdom – Complete the forest castle.
- Ruler of the Deep – Complete the flooded city.
- Those Who Love Humans – Complete the copied city.
- Iron Soul – Complete the abandoned factory.
- Treacherous Blade – Control A2 for the first time.
- Farewell, Pascal – Grant Pascal’s final request.
- Justice – Stop all resource recovery units.
- Crime and Punishment – Watch the final moments of Devola and Popola.
- The Circle of Death – Have your body collected.
- First Errand – Complete your first quest.
- Information Master – 80% of all archives found.
- Destruction is My Job – 80% of all unit data unlocked.
- Chip Collector – 80% of all plug-in chips collected.
- Tools of the Trade – Any weapon upgraded to the highest level.
- Fighting’s Not My Thing – Play your first hacking game.
- A Scanner’s Power – 100 machine lifeforms destroyed by hacking.
- The Power of Hate – 50 machine lifeforms destroyed with berserk mode.
- Pod Hunter – All Pods found.
- Animal Rider – Any animal ridden for 5 kilometers.
- A Round by the Pond – 20 different kinds of fish caught.
- Wait! Don’t Kill Me! – 10 friendly machine lifeforms destroyed.
- What Are You Doing? – 2B’s secret discovered 10 times.
- Not That I Mind… – 1 hour played with 9S in a certain state.
- Come Take a Look! – Emil’s shop used for the first time.
- Transcendent Being – All endings achieved.
- Lunar Tear – The place of memories has been visited.
NieR: Automata releases on March 7 in North America and March 10 in Europe for PlayStation 4. A free demo is available through the PlayStation Store.