Hitman Update 1.12 Is 550MB on PS4, Final Elusive Target Goes Live Tomorrow
Developer Io-Interactive has released Hitman update 1.12.1, which is 550MB on PlayStation 4, 950MB on Xbox One, and 1.2GB on PC.
The patch notes relevant to PS4 owners can be seen below and include more satisfying combat, changes to the unlock criteria for Professional Difficulty, Trophy improvements, and bug fixes:
- Combat Changes – Specifically, we have reduced the fire rate of NPC pistols, slightly increased how quickly 47 can ‘snap’ to the target NPC when ‘aim assist’ is toggled on, reduced the damage that 47 takes at mid to long distances and increased the speed that 47’s health regenerates. We are continuing to monitor and adjust these values based on our own impressions and we’re looking forward to feedback from our players when these changes go live. Please note that Professional Difficulty is not affected by these changes and still offers the ‘Lethal Combat’ that was promised.
- Professional Difficulty – We’ve changed the unlock criteria for Professional Difficulty from Mastery level 20 to Mastery level 5. All players that currently have Mastery level 5-19 on each location will automatically unlock Professional Difficulty after updating their game to 1.12.1 (July Update). There are no changes to Professional Difficulty other than the unlock criteria.
- Excuse me, I found a weapon – We’ve fixed an issue that could cause guards to repeatedly drop weapons that they discovered on the ground. This issue was prominent on The Icon mission.
- Bathroom Break – We’ve fixed an issue that could cause the toilet in the Marrakesh school to behave erratically after 47 kicks it onto Zaydan. This could occasionally result in 47’s death. Seriously.
- Cancelling Connecting – We’ve fixed an issue that could cause players to inadvertently cancel the ‘connecting’ prompt and enter ‘Offline Mode’.
- Opportunity Lost After Loading – We’ve fixed an issue that could cause the Opportunity Marker (the little light bulb) to disappear after a save/load cycle.
- Trespassing vs Hostile Area – We’ve implemented a fix for a Known Issue from our June Update. The ‘Trespassing’ and ‘Hostile Area’ status messages on the mini-map now display correctly.
- Maximum Mastery – We heard that some players have had issues unlocking the trophies/achievements associated with reaching Mastery level 20 in various locations. We’ve implemented a change so that the game will re-check whether you have reached level 20 when you launch the game and award the appropriate trophies/achievements.
- Trophy Typography – We’ve made some necessary updates to the trophy descriptions on PS4; corrected a few typos and mistakes.
- Unconscious Witness – We’ve also implemented a fix for the other Known Issue from our June Update. The ‘Unconscious Witness’ status on the mini-map is know displayed correctly.
- Miscellaneous Fixes – We’ve fixed other minor issues across the board to keep the game in fantastic shape.
Io-Interactive has also announced that the 26th and final Elusive Target of the first season, Mr. Giggles, will be available for 10 days beginning on Friday, July 14 in Marrakesh:
If [The Entertainer] #26 is the first Elusive Target contract you complete in Marrakesh, you’ll earn the Summer Suit with Gloves for Agent 47. You will also earn the Terminus Suit if this is the first Elusive Target contract that you complete with the ‘Silent Assassin’ rating. Earning the ‘Silent Assassin’ rating will also count towards your progress for unlocking the Winter Suit. At this point, you’ll need to have already earned 4 Silent Assassin ratings from the previous 12 ET’s before starting The Entertainer to be able to unlock the prestigious Winter Suit via Elusive Targets.
The two objectives are Eliminate Mr Giggles, and Locate and Acquire the Client List.
The August content schedule for Hitman will include new challenges for the first week of the month.
After getting dropped by Square Enix, Io-Interactive has become fully independent and retains the rights to the Hitman IP.