Destiny 2 Weekly Reset 12/19 – 12/25: The Dawning, Snowball Fights, More
The December 19 Destiny 2 weekly reset brings The Dawning celebration to the Tower. There’s lots to do for this event, so make sure to check it out. This week’s Flashpoint is on Titan, bringing players back to the storm wracked Arcology for yet another luminous engram. Don’t forget to purchase Cayde’s treasure maps leading to the chests in this area too. The Nightfall has the torrent modifier, so it should be a fun one this week.
Destiny 2 Weekly Reset 12/19 – 12/25
Nightfall: The Arms Dealer
European Dead Zone, Shut down the operations of an ironmonger providing weapons to the Red Legion.
Torrent – Boundless power erupts from within. Your abilities recharge much faster.
Timewarp: Zero Hour –The mission timer cannot be extended. Choose your battles carefully.
Speed Of Dark: Complete the Nightfall with at least 5 minutes remaining.
Unbroken: Complete the Nightfall with fewer than 3 deaths.
Trash The Thresher: Shoot down a Thresher while fighting Bracus Zahn.
Complete public events on Titan. Make sure to check out our Heroic Public Events guide to get the most credit for doing these public events, and a chance at exotics!
Leviathan Raid Rotation
- The Gauntlet
- Royal Pools
- Pleasure Gardens
Raid Challenge: Royal Pools
Visit Ikora to replay story missions and earn tokens that can be redeemed for rewards.
- Six: A crashed colony ship, an interspecies war… Cayde-6 got that adventure he wanted. Go save him from it.
- Looped: No one’s heard from Cayde-6 since the Hunter took off for an uncharted world. Track him down.
- The Gateway: (Curse of Osiris mission, must have expansion to play)
Faction Weapons for Sale
Each week, you can buy a certain weapon from each vendor. These weapons require you to have turned in ten reward engrams first before you can purchase them. This total is accounted across all of your time playing Destiny 2, not just this week. These are this week’s weapons for sale.
- Devrim Kay – Hawthorn’s Field-Forged Shotgun – Shotgun
- Sloan – Nox Echo II – Fusion Rifle
- Asher Mir – The Rattler – Sidearm
- Failsafe – The Mornin’ Comes – Sniper Rifle
- Commander Zavala – Wicked Sister – Grenade Launcher
- Lord Shaxx – Swift Solstice – Sidearm
Every week, the items for sale for Bright Dust at Eververse rotate out. Here are this week’s items.
- Rare Emote: Good Idea – 400 Bright Dust
- Legendary Emote: Shuffle Dance – 700 Bright Dust
- Legendary Sparrow: Marbles Orb Weaver – 600 Bright Dust
- Legendary Ship: Mainsail Royal – 500 Bright Dust
- Exotic Fighting Lion Weapon Ornament: Jade Countenance – 800 Bright Dust
- Exotic Riskrunner Weapon Ornament: Summer Storm – 1,250 Bright Dust
- Exotic Orpheus Rig Armor Ornament: Forest Ranger – 1,500 Bright Dust
- Legendary Ghost: Orchid Shell – 400 Bright Dust
- Legendary Transmat Effect: Vex Arrival – 650 Bright Dust
- Legendary Shader: Midnight Talons – 40 Bright Dust
- Legendary Shader: Nobel Constant Red – 40 Bright Dust
- Fireteam Medallion Consumable – 50 Bright Dust
- Gleaming Boon of the Vanguard Consumable – 350 Bright Dust
- Gleaming Boon of the Crucible Consumable – 350 Bright Dust
– You can use snowballs to attack enemies in Strikes or pelt friends in the Tower. Enemies defeated by snowballs are counted on the Dawning emblem.
– Gift schematics offer a chase for specific items. Get these near Ikora and complete the objectives to get exclusive items.
The Dawning Milestones
– Completing The Dawning Milestones will reward you with Dawning Engrams that contain exlcusive limited time Dawning themed cosmetic items.
– It’s all Supers, Grenades, and heavy weapons! Recharge rates for all are dramatically increased, so go crazy!
Eververse Items for Sale
– Some Dawning items are available for sale at Eververse and can be purchased using Bright Dust.
- Dawning Armor (chest) – 1200 Bright Dust
- Holiday Cheer Sparrow (160 speed) – 2500 Bright Dust
- Breath of Stars Ship – 500 Bright Dust
- Dulcinea Shell – 400 Bright Dust
- Icecapade Emote – 400 Bright Dust
- Silver Dawning Lanterns Transmat Effect – 450 Bright Dust
- Winter Shaders Pack – 150 Bright Dust
Don’t forget to visit the Tower and pick up any quests or quest items you may need for the week, such as Cayde-6’s treasure maps, which place chests on Mercury this week. You can also head to Mercury to pick up more Lost Verses from Brother Vance to earn forge weapons (Curse of Osiris only).
The Destiny 2 weekly reset occurs every Tuesday morning at 9:00 AM Pacific. The following activities are reset each week, allowing you to earn new rewards for completing them.
- Weekly Milestones
- Call to Arms Crucible Milestone
- Destination Flashpoint Milestone
- Heroic Strike Milestone
- Clan XP Milestone
- Weekly Challenges Milestone
- Ikora Meditations (Replay story)
- Heroic Adventures on Mercury
- Eververse Bright Dust Inventory
- Clan XP Rewards
- Cayde-6 Treasure Maps
- Raid Keys and Rewards
The weekly reset allows you to earn new rewards per character, except the Cayde-6 treasure maps which are account based. Destiny 2 Nightfalls are difficult timer based strikes. Rotating modifiers will allow you to earn additional time in various ways.
There is also a daily reset that occurs at the same time daily, resetting the challenges for each activity and replayable adventures at each patrol location.
Check out our Destiny 2 Leviathan Raid guide to see how best to handle Calus’ challenges. Not ready for the Raid? Our Destiny 2 endgame guide covers how to get yourself leveled up after the campaign is over.