No, unfortunately Zipper Interactive has not announced MAG’s sequel, rather a ‘massive’ patch. The developer has announced MAG 2.0: a new patch for the PlayStation 3 exclusive shooter which adds a variety of goodies including PlayStation Move support.
Zipper Interactive’s Jeremy Dunham stated the following on the game’s official site:
“All the feedback and suggestions you’ve made from countless hours spent playing our new MAG Beta program will pay off in the retail version of MAG in a very big way. We’re calling it MAG 2.0 for a reason and it’s because of the sheer number of fantastic new additions.”
The features being added in the update includes:
- PlayStation Move support
- An increased level cap that goes to level 70
- A revamped Skill Tree that allows for the deepest character customization and specialization ever found in a first-person shooter
- A brand-new in-game economy that lets you earn credits to spend on weapons and items from the also-new “Supply Depot”
- Our useful “Clan Deploy” feature that enables clan leaders and officers to queue up to 128 of their fellow clan members into a single game
- A “MAG News” page that brings players up to date on all the latest happenings the moment they log in
- A multitude of updates that refine existing weapons, maps, and vehicles
- Important bug fixes and other enhancements that streamline the overall experience
Zipper said they’ll give specefics as to what else will be included in the MAG 2.0 patch as it approaches its release.