As part of a recent event, Naughty Dog’s Arne Meyer discussed The Last of Us Remastered at length, revealing that the game will include a screenshot tool (like inFamous: Second Son’s Photo Mode) as part of a day 1 patch, there will be the option to lock the game at 30fps, and much more:
Included With the Game
- All major add-on content – Abandoned Territories Map Pack, Reclaimed Territories Map Pack, Left Behind Single-Player Expansion
- Grounded difficulty mode
- Cinematics commentary track with Neil Druckmann, Troy Baker, and Ashley Johnson
- All add-on content (skins, weapons) is cross-buy between PS3 and PS4
- Additional add-on releases planned for 2014
Day 1 Patch
- Grounded behind the scenes documentary – video will appear in the Bonuses menu
- Screenshot tool
- 1080p/60fps in single-player and multiplayer
- Texture maps are 4x more detailed, shadow maps 2x
- Higher resolution particle effects
- Occlusion mapping on decals
- No texture streaming
- Longer draw distances, better LOD
- Expanded audio menu options
- Lock frame-rate at 30 frames-per-second option
- Swap trigger and thumbstick controls
- DualShock 4 support includes the touch pad, light bar, peaker
In a hands-on preview of the game, Game Informer listed a bunch of different features for The Last of Remastered, which you can read below:
- The Last of Us PS4 will have its own trophy set that is “identical to the PS3 original.”
- Saves and Factions mode progress from PS3 won’t carry over to PS4 (PS3 owners who played multiplayer will get a supply point bonus on PS4 though).
- Load times are “instant” thanks to streaming from the hard drive instead of the disc.
- The DualShock 4 light bar will signal your health (blue is healthy, orange is hurt, red is critical).
- The DualShock 4 touch pad is used to open Joel’s backpack.
- The DualShock 4 speaker plays the click of the flashlight and audio recordings you find.
Which feature or improvement are you most excited for?