Allowing you to form Teams to complete against rivals and work your way up the Teams leaderboard, here’s a few details on the new feature:
- Teams can have up to 50 members and are represented by a name and emblem
- Each Team hosts its own bulletin board where teammates can communicate
- Teams will be able to race each other in private games through the upcoming Online Multiplayer feature
There is some disappointing news today, however, with Online Multiplayer now coming in early 2015 as a free update on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PC. On Xbox 360, four players can race online, while up to eight players can race on PS4, Xbox One, and PC.
Here’s the three Online Multiplayer modes that will be available:
- Online X-Supercross- up to eight players race on three random tracks, after which a winner is announced based on an accumulative best score.
- Private Game- up to eight players select which tracks to race and customize race parameters such as gravity of the track, modifying bike speed, or inverting the bike’s controls.
- Private Game with Spectator- Players looking to watch online multiplayer select the tracks and parameters for the race and invite eight other players to ride so they can kick-back and watch the race. These matches can also be broadcast using streaming platforms.
You can also expect a global leaderboard for the Online X-Supercross mode.