Described as a “metroidvania RPG,” Heart Forth, Alicia is coming to the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita in early 2016, Lead Developer Alonso Martin announced today.
Successfully Kickstarted last year, Martin says Heart Forth, Alicia is a “’90s-inspired adventure that combines the electrifying gameplay of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, the expansive world & dungeons of the Zelda series, and the unfolding story style of Xenogears… except it’s a little darker and has its own fantasy twist.”
Including tracks by Manami Matsumae (composer of Shovel Knight, Mega Man, and more), here’s a look at the features of Heart Forth, Alicia:
- Adventure through an intricately detailed world filled with wonders, creative puzzles, secrets and lethal dungeons.
- Engage in fast, agile melee combat with over 20 special attacks & upgrades, and devastating magic spells to annihilate your enemies.
- Play with powerful RPG elements that include the gear, loot, sidequests, and gameplay depth that make for a classic RPG experience.
- Discover 5 secret fairy familiars to crush, shock, freeze, and burn your enemies, or save you at your most dire moment of need.
- Experience a deep and unfolding story that takes place centuries after the War of the Fatherlands, starring a cast of fascinating and complex characters.
Are you going to look forward to this in 2016?
[Source: PS Blog]