First Battlefield Hardline Update Further Detailed, Includes Console Rent-a-Server Program
Update (April 23):
The Battlefield Twitter account announced that the new patch will go live for all platforms next week on April 28.
While he can’t tell us exactly when the new patch is releasing (it’s “soon”), Battlefield Hardline Lead Multiplayer Designer Thaddeus Sasser was able to confirm some new details.
Mentioning that stability is first and foremost their biggest focus, the first update will include some fixes to the most frequent crashes. As well, you’ll find these top 5 issues addressed, which were identified by the community:
- Punkbuster fixes – We’re addressing some of the heavy CPU usage seen by players
- Nvidia DirectX driver fixes – We’re working with our partners at Nvidia to create new drivers to prevent the most common crash issues
- Extended Conquest time – We’ve extended the length of Conquest matches by increasing the number of tickets on both Large and Small
- Fixed TDM spawns – We’ve adjusted spawn points and the spawn system for better TDM spawning
- Multiple weapon balance tweaks – We’ve addressed some common complaints with the weapon balance, there will be more coming soon
Additionally, the Rent-A-Server program will be added to PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, and Xbox 360 with the new patch, meaning you can customize the multiplayer matches to your liking and invite your friends to play.
Expect more details about the update as we get closer to its release.