With The Old Hunters expansion available on November 24, Bloodborne update 1.07 is now available to download on PlayStation 4, weighing in at 9.376GB.
Producer Masaaki Yamagiwa detailed update 1.07, which “adds new features and drastically changes the online component of the game,” including the League feature, summoning NPCs to help you, and more:
As mentioned in our last blog post, update 1.07 also adds the “League” feature and introduces new NPCs into the game’s world. Join the League by meeting with Summon Master Valtr and obtaining the “Impurity” rune. You’ll need to summon him inside the shack to the right of the first lamp in the Forbidden Forest. Once you have memorized the “Impurity” rune, you will be able to access League ranking screens. Upon successfully completing a coop session, you’ll receive the “Vermin” which you must crush to increase your points and therefore your position on the League leaderboard.
You will also be able to summon NPCs to come to your aid, just like cooperative play, including inside Chalice Dungeons. To do so, first you will need to acquire the “Old Hunter Bell” from the messengers in the Hunter’s Dream area. In some areas you may be able to summon up to two NPC Hunters, or a mix of one NPC Hunter and one other online coop player.
In addition, when there are players near you that have used the Beckoning Bell or Small Resonant Bell and are waiting to join a co-op session, they will appear in your game as an illusion or phantom with a ripple effect at their feet. That assumes they are within the correct level range and would be able to match with you.
- Defeat the boss of the Cathedral Ward and examine the altar in the back of the room to change the in-game time to night.
- Go to the Hunter’s Dream and receive the Eye of a Blood-drunk Hunter from a messenger.
- Go to the Oedon Chapel and leave via the left-hand exit to enter the square.
- Go to the right-hand end of the square to trigger an event. This event will take you to the new area: the Hunter’s Nightmare.
- Lighting the lamp in the new area will allow you to travel to and from the area via an Awakening Headstone in the Hunter’s Dream.
If you have the Bloodborne Platinum Trophy, expect to receive an exclusive theme “in the very near future.”