In testing with Sony for PlayStation 4, and now available for Xbox One and PC, an update for Fallout 4’s Vault-Tec Workshop is designed to fix several issues with the latest piece of DLC.
Here’s the list of fixes included with the Vault-Tec Workshop update:
- Vault Exterior Door no longer has a missing texture if Wasteland Workshop is not installed
- NPCs will no longer incorrectly sit at the Vault Security Desk
- Vault-Tec Water Pump and starting generator now auto repair when entering workshop mode
- Player can no longer assign companions or Overseer Barstow using the population management system to prevent this from breaking them
- Vault-Tec population management system will no longer say jobs are available when is no one valid for job assignment available
- Vault Experiments can be scrapped in workshop mode
- Fixed issue with Overseer Barstow’s audio cutting out after Clem’s interview
- Interviewing the second settler candidate will not reset after the dialogue option take a break
Provided Sony doesn’t find any issues with it, the Vault-Tec Workshop update should be available soon on PS4.
Bethesda also previewed Fallout 4 Update 1.7, which adds support for this month’s Nuka-World expansion, gives PS4 players the option to delete add-ons without doing a full uninstall, and more:
- Support for upcoming DLC, Nuka-World
- New store art type for Workshop settlements
- Ability to delete Add Ons without doing a full uninstall (PS4)
- General optimization and stability improvements
- Jun and Marcy Long are no longer essential after completing “Sanctuary”
- Vendors can offer large shipments of Ceramic, Copper, Rubber, Steel and Wood
- Improvements to accuracy and control with picking up and placing objects (not Workshop mode)
- Grenades and molotov cocktails can now be used with the Junk Mortar (Contraptions)
- Fixed issue with companions unequipping clothing when fast traveling with player
- Fixed an issue with player animations not loading properly after reloading a saved game
- Fixed issue where certain dog armors would not equip properly on Dogmeat
- Fixed an issue where objects from Add Ons would not scrap correctly or would not be stored properly
- Fixed infinite load that would occasionally occur while logging off while downloading a mod
- Fixed a crash related to investing in a store while trading
- Fixed issue where “Quartermastery” would send player to erroneous locations
- Fixed performance issues related to dropping certain weapons
- Fixed issue where melee weapon would not properly after dying and reloading the save
- Fixed a rare issue where Sturges and Mama Murphy would stop moving
- Fixed snapping issue with Surgery Center in Workshop mode
There’s also changes to mods, but, as Bethesda revealed yesterday, there’s still no date for mods on PS4.
Update 1.7 is out today in Steam Beta and should be released within the next few weeks on PS4 and Xbox One.