At Minecon 2016, Mojang announced the Chinese Mythology Mash-Up Pack for Minecraft, a trailer for which you can check out above. Here’s what it’s all about:
Journey through epic terrain and find enlightenment in the land of dragons with this Mash-up Pack inspired by the myths and legends of China. Minecrafters get to explore a Chinese Mythology-themed world, with glorious Textures, legendary Skins and enchanting Music. The Pack also includes a themed Battle map exclusive to this Mash-up!
Costing $4.99, the pack launches on October 5 for all console versions. It comes with 41 new skins and 13 new tracks.
Also on October 5, Minecraft: Console Edition will receive a free content update that’ll include the following:
- New mobs: You’ll now find polar Bears (and their babies!) roaming frozen biomes
- New items: Farm beetroots and keep yourself nourished with some healthy beetroot soup
- Banners: Make beautiful banners to hang in your bases and spruce the place up
- New terrain generation: You’ll find Igloos in Arctic biomes, Fossils buried underground, as well as different village paths and materials
- New blocks: End Bricks, Beetroot, Grass Path, Frosted Ice, Magma, Nether Wart B-lock, Red Nether Brick and Bone Block
In case you missed it, Mojang also recently released a free Minecon 2016 Skin Pack on PlayStation 4, PS3 and PS Vita. Click here for details.