According to the patch note for Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition update 1.02 on PS4, “4K Support” was added. The update is reportedly 8.3GB for the base game and 135MB for the GOTY Edition. If you don’t plan on getting a 4K TV but still want to buy a PS4 Pro next month, you’ll find super sampling anti-aliasing on a 1080p TV in Shadow of Mordor.
In other PS4 Pro support news, Smite update 3.19 today preps for it, so the download size may be higher than normal. As the patch notes add, 3.19 also preps for next year’s Project Scorpio:
Console Updates: 3.19
- In preparation for the PlayStation Pro and Xbox Scorpio, download sizes may be bigger this patch. To prepare for PS4 Pro support, we’ve increased texture resolution on both PS4 and Xbox One.
- PlayStation 4 will receive Spectate Mode this patch
- Fixed an issue where the Chinese Recall skin had a green glow when backing in base
- Fixed an issue in the UI of the Odyssey Loading frame so that the stats are no longer covered
- Fixed an issue for PS4 players that allowed them to hear other players’ ability audio from across the map
The Smite update also includes the new god Camazotz, new god skins, a Halloween arena, and some god changes.
Other games that will receive forward compatibility PS4 Pro updates include Fallout 4, NBA 2K17, Paragon, Thumper, The Witness, Call of Duty: Black Ops 3, FIFA 17, inFamous First Light, The Last of Us Remastered, Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End, and more.
Shadow of Mordor Update Adds PS4 Pro Support