Released earlier this year in Japan to strong sales, it looks like Dragon Quest Heroes 2 is coming West in 2017.
According to a listing on Best Buy, Dragon Quest Heroes 2 is releasing on April 25, 2017 for PlayStation 4 in North America. If it’s anything like Dragon Quest Builders, the PlayStation Vita version will be released digitally, while the PlayStation 3 version won’t come West.
Since this is a retailer listing, we’ll have to wait until Square Enix announces Dragon Quest Heroes 2 for official details. Considering that the PlayStation Showcase at PlayStation Experience is happening on Saturday, it could be a short wait.
Here’s the description for Dragon Quest Heroes 2:
Embark on an adventure across new lands in Dragon Quest Heroes 2 for PlayStation 4. This second installation lets you battle random monsters and find invitation stones to unlock new areas of play. Play Dragon Quest Heroes 2 in single-player mode, or invite three friends to join the journey in multiplayer mode.
- New world, new story & new adventures
- Transform into a monster and battle as one of them
- Over 20 playable characters each with unique moves and abilities – including a host of familiar faces from the Dragon Quest series and four brand new heroes that must team up to defeat an unknown threat looming over the Seven Realms
- Change your vocation and play in any fighting style with a variety of magic & weapons
- Band together in cooperative multiplayer to conquer swarms of enemies and defeat challenging boss monsters
- For 1 player or up to 4 players in online multiplayer mode
You can read our import review of Dragon Quest Heroes 2 over here.
The first Dragon Quest Heroes came West in late 2015 for PS4.