Featuring three new resistance factions, new enemies, new missions, new environments, and increased depth, here’s what to expect from War of the Chosen:
- New Factions & Hero Classes – Three additional factions – the Reapers, Skirmishers and Templars – each with its own Hero class
- The Chosen – A deadly new enemy force that will kidnap, interrogate and kill XCOM’s soldiers. They can even invade the strategy layer and ravage XCOM’s global operations
- New Alien and Advent Threats – Adopt new tactics to counter a deadly new alien known as the Spectre, the explosive attacks of the ADVENT Purifier, and the psionically charged ADVENT Priest
- New Environments and Mission Objectives – Players can engage in wide-ranging tactical missions, from abandoned cities devastated by alien bioweapons during the original invasion, to underground tunnels and xenoformed wilderness regions
- Enhanced Strategy Layer – Manage relations with factions while countering enemy operations from the Avenger
- Greater Customization & Replayability – Soldiers cultivate bonds with compatible teammates for new abilities and perks, while the SITREP system dynamically adds new modifiers to the tactical layer to make sure every missions provides a unique challenge
- Challenge Mode – New regular community challenges that rank players on a global leaderboard.
A price wasn’t given for XCOM 2: War of the Chosen.