Asterix & Obelix XXL 2 are Getting Remastered for the PS4
Action-adventure game Asterix & Obelix XXL2 will be getting a remaster for the PlayStation 4. For people who love the series, there will be two special editions to choose from, and each one brings a wealth of new content.
If you want to get your hands on an Asterix & Obelix XXL2 special edition, you will have two options to choose from. The limited edition will come with three figurines of the game’s heroes: Asterix, Obelix, and Dogmatix. There will also be a collector’s edition, which comes with a 15cm resin figure of Asterix, a child-sized t-shirt, and two lithographs.
In Asterix & Obelix XXL2, the titular duo makes their way to Las Vegum. You’ll have to switch between Asterix (who can make use of potions) and Obelix (who has massive strength) to make your way through every area. The remaster also comes with a host of new features, including:
- Enhanced graphics:
- New textures and models for all characters and enemies.
- New textures and lighting for environments.
- Improved gameplay:
- A new store system that changes and adds upgrades compared with the original game. These stores are located in the six game environments and allow players to increase their skills thanks to new techniques, combos and Furies. This system is similar to a conventional skills tree.
- Cosmic Strike and Pantry: two new skills to help overcome enemies.
- Health bar upgrade: the health bar can be upgraded as the player progresses through the game in order to reach a higher maximum health level.
- Addition of three difficulty levels: easy, normal and hard.
- A new addition to the remastered version: challenges!
- Challenges are bonus missions focused on fighting. The aim is to beat as many Romans as possible within a given time.
- There are two challenges in each of the six game environments, making 12 in total.
- The bronze rank is easily accessible and is a good way to earn money but reaching the Gold rank is a real challenge.
- A new collectibles system:
- Postcards are now hidden in the levels, collecting all of them requires to fully explore the game.
- Figurines, now in 3D, can be unlocked in the shop.
- A new Fast Travel system: once you unlocked a level, you can easily go back thanks to fast travel and find the missing collectibles!
Asterix & Obelix XXL2 will release on November 29, 2018 for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.