Onimusha’s New Voice Cast Revealed in Famitsu
Back when Capcom revealed an updated version of Onimusha: Warlords coming to consoles in 2019, one of the announced features was a newly-recorded soundtrack, which includes totally new voice acting. The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu has a spread on the game, and announces a large chunk of the Japanese voice cast as well.
Here is the list, courtesy of Gematsu:
- Samanosuke Akechi (voiced by Takeshi Kaneshiro)
- Nobunaga Oda (voiced by Fumihiko Tachiki)
- Kaede (voiced by Mikako Komatsu)
- Yuki (voiced by Kaori Nazuka)
- Yumemaru (voiced by Hisako Kanemoto)
- Hideyoshi Toyotomi (voiced by Wataru Takagi)
- Guildenstern (voiced by Houchuu Ootsuka)
- Hecuba (voiced by Mayumi Sako)
- Narration (voiced by Mugihito)
Announced back in August, this new version of Onimusha: Warlords, which seemingly retains its original title without any changes, is a new, HD upgrade. It also has a new control sceme, widescreen support, a new easy mode, and of course the aforementioned soundtrack and voice changes.
Check out the official key feature list, from Capcom:
- High-Definition Graphics – Characters, background graphics, and cut scenes have been given a high-definition update to enhance the visibility on players’ quest to save the princess.
- Widescreen Support, New Display Options – Both the original game’s display (4:3) and more standard widescreen display (16:9) are supported. Display settings can be changed between 4:3 and 16:9 at any time in-game. Specific screens, including parts of the menu screen, are fixed at either 16:9 or 4:3. A screen scroll feature in the widescreen mode adapts to players’ movements to show areas that otherwise aren’t fully visible.
- Easy Mode Available From Start – Easy Mode is unlocked for players from the start of gameplay, which wasn’t available in the original game. This addition makes it easier for both newcomers and those who haven’t played Onimusha: Warlords for a while to dive into this world right away
- Analog Stick Support – In addition to the controls from the original, this new release allows players to move using analog sticks. This added feature makes it easier to move instinctively and change directions quickly.
- New Soundtrack – A brand new soundtrack and voices have been recorded to accompany the newest release of Onimusha: Warlords.
Onimusha: Warlords is set to launch for the PlayStation 4, the Xbox One, the Nintendo Switch, and the PC on January 15, 2019.