One-O-One Games and Meta Publishing have announced Aftermath, a new psychological survival thriller in development for the PlayStation 4 and 5, Xbox One and Series X/S, and PC. It is expected to release in 2022.
Set in an “unfamiliar” European city, Aftermath focuses on the story of a successful engineer and astronaut Charlie Gray, whose reentry to earth following a mission went wrong somehow, and triggered a series of traumatic events. As things spiral out of control, Charlie sets out to search for her missing daughter, fighting off an “unearthly presence” along the way.
- A Powerful Human Story – What form does humanity take when faced with unimaginable events? Do we unite and become stronger, or do we fall apart? Does our past still shape us, or do we find strength in focusing on what could be? AFTERMATH delves deeply into philosophical, psychological and other questions that might get asked if we find ourselves in an impossible situation.
- Unique Visual Design – With stunning aesthetics created by the brilliant mind of enigmatic Italian visual arts master Alessandro Bavari, the artist behind the design of Ridley Scott’s Alien: Covenant and Suspiria.
- Realistic Crafting – AFTERMATH uses Charlie’s engineering mind and scientific approach to create a new take on crafting, rather than a simple system. Observe and take notes of your surroundings to invent a blueprint and then find and combine the necessary parts to adapt and overcome.
- Stay Healthy, Stay Ready – Eating the right food, maintaining mental health and physical stamina keeps you one step ahead of your enemy, helping you stay alert and ready to outwit your opponents.
- Face Your Foe – Charlie is being hunted by an unseen adversary. Unfold the mystery of this seemingly invincible “hunter” and use every facet of your arsenal to outwit them and survive. But what other forces could be lurking in the remains of the city and beyond? What fate has fallen humanity?
- A Familiar Setting – Explore a detailed recreation of a city steeped in history, defragmented by the terrifying power of an ancient alien artifact, looming ominously above.
- Life and Death are a Mystery – Charlie is locked in a waking nightmare. What is happening and why is a core mystery that plagues Charlie’s every moment. If death isn’t the end, then what is?
- An Original Soundtrack – AFTERMATH features a rich and varied soundtrack, featuring original work from artists such as UNKLE, Planet Funk and many more.
Watch a trailer below.