The patch notes for the first Hogwarts Legacy February update have been released. While there will be extra fixes and gameplay improvements specific to PS5, the patch notes for the Xbox Series X|S and PC update state there’ll be fixes for several save errors and a variety of different crash scenarios.
Hogwarts Legacy February update patch notes
The point of this first Hogwarts Legacy update is to improve overall gameplay performance and stability, as well as making sure the connection to the online servers is as reliable as it needs to be. This includes making sure trophy data is being sent to the Wizarding World portal. While the notes don’t mention the PS5 fixes, this will also include a fix for the broken tracker on the Collector’s Edition trophy. The general patch notes, without the platform-specific fixes, can be seen below.
- Fixed issues with achievement data being properly pushed to Wizarding World portal after linking.
- Owl Mail
- Fixed an issue with mail not properly triggering sequential mission.
- World Events
- Fixed rare crash around certain locations where in-game World Events spawning.
- Fixed a rare crash when respawning NPCs in the world.
- Fixed crash with some NPC schedules.
- Fixed issues with flickering occurring with a transparent head while hair is still present.
- Owl Mail
- Updated localization text for additional content items.
- Added Build version to first time EULA.
- Fixed rare occurrence of mission descriptions not being displayed correctly.
- Corrected VFX presentation of robe transformation.
- Fixed a stability issue when skipping cutscenes.
- Fixed a crash when playing cutscenes and cinematics.
- Save Game
- Fixed error of rewriting last autosave slot.
- Fixed an issue when restarting from last save around not being able to talk to a vendor after initial conversation. Resolves the following reported issues: HL-412, HL-494, HL-246, HL-1063, HL-590, HL-542, HL-976, HL-965, HL-1158, HL-1184, HL-1089, HL-1240, HL-1031, HL-1490, HL-1433, HL-89, HL-1930, HL-1086, HL-1636, HL-1585, HL-1028, HL-1933, HL-2606, HL-2062, HL-1587, HL-488, HL-498, HL-162, HL-1706, HL-2626, HL-2865, HL-2888, HL-2804, HL-2910, HL-2944, HL-3000, HL-3043, HL-3024.
- Performance and Stability
- Improved performance on Fidelity mode.
- Fixed rare crash around hovering over the map.
- Fixed issue with wind causing distortion and stretching of world assets.
- Fixed a rare occurrence with material swapping.
- Fixed a rare crash with map assets state.
- Fixed Rare crash occurring with in-game world events.
- Fixed a memory leak with global lighting system HL-313.
The patch is due to be released for PS5 players later this week, although we don’t have an exact day, because the update was pushed back by a few days. We don’t know the reasons for this but assume it is because of a last-minute issue being found for the PS5 build.