PlayStation Home Redesign Arrives Tomorrow – Are You Ready?
PlayStation Home has been through a lot since it first launched a few years ago. But its biggest change is coming as was detailed not too long ago. The redesigned PS Home has been in a private beta for some time now, and it is finally releasing to the general public tomorrow, November 3rd, 2011. We’ve got the full details available after the break.
Fresh off a press release, Sony Computer Entertainment America has officially announced that the new PlayStation Home will be available to everyone tomorrow. This new redesign applies to customers with US and Canadian accounts, and the European Home will be upgraded after being taken down at 7am tomorrow. If you haven’t checked out our recent preview, be sure to give it a glance to get a feel for what awaits you tomorrow. As PlayStation Home has become a sprawling “social game platform,” what good would a redesign be without new games to play? The PlayStation Home team has listened to the community, and tomorrow will see the launch of five new “freemium” games alongside the new spaces and hub:
- Bootleggers ’29: Set in the seedy underbelly of the Roaring Twenties, this PlayStation Home exclusive first-person shooter found in the Action District pits cops vs. criminals in a Prohibition-era game of Capture the Cask. Boasting real-time multiplayer action, a variety of vintage weapons and unlockable rewards, and the unique ability to play as your PlayStation Home avatar, Bootleggers ’29 is a 100% free-to-play game that introduces a classic narrative to the modern shooter genre.
- PlayStation Home Hold ‘Em: A series of backroom poker tables hosted in the brand new Sportswalk district, PlayStation Home Hold ‘Em squares players off in a no-holds-barred, winner-take-all battle of the bluffs. Only the best of the best will progress to the high stakes tables and collect all the prizes in this free version of the wildly-popular Texas Hold ‘Em card game.
- PlayStation Home Sports Trivia: Test your sports expertise against the PlayStation Home community and unlock a series of themed rewards in this massive sports trivia game, found in the Sportswalk. Packed with over 10,000 trivia questions, this game will challenge the memories of even the most die-hard sports fans.
- RC Rally: Build and customize your own remote controlled car and race against friends over multiple courses, performing stunts and tricks and unlocking numerous upgrades along the way. This fast-paced PlayStation Home original game can be found in the new Pier Park.
- Cogs: A 3D version of Lazy 8 Studios award-winning Steampunk puzzle game, Cogs can be found front-and-center in PlayStation Home’s new Hub. Build a variety of machines from sliding tiles and unlock exclusive PlayStation Home rewards in this highly-addictive puzzler.
PlayStation Home Director Jack Buser praised the new update, as well as the strong community behind Home:
This is a major milestone for PlayStation Network, and we are thrilled to bring a new core experience to PlayStation Home where games are front and center. Home’s community is made up of some of the most passionate gamers on PS3, and we’ve listened to their feedback since Home launched in 2008, finally transforming Home itself into a game. This redesign marks a new beginning for PlayStation Home, and players can expect much more to come.
Having been shown a preview and early hands-on of the new PlayStation Home, we at PSLS would definitely recommend checking out all that PlayStation Home has to offer, including the new redesign and everything else within. Heading over to the new Adventure District, for example, includes a new Uncharted 3 total game integration event. Complete the rather impressive game they have there and you will receive in-game items! Also be on the lookout tomorrow for a code for a new, awesome piece of clothing for your avatar exclusive to PSLS!
Check out the latest screenshots and trailer below, and let us know what games you’ll be checking out when the new service comes out tomorrow!