Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge Comes to PS3 on April 2nd in North America and April 5th in Europe, Dismemberment is Back
Previously a Wii U exclusive title, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge has been announced for the PlayStation 3 and will release in North America on April 2nd, with a European release just a few days later on April 5th. No pricing details were given, though it will be available both at retail and on the PlayStation Network at launch.
Since there is just so much added to Razor’s Edge over the original Ninja Gaiden 3, we had to break it down in bullet point form:
- Redesigned battle system
- Improved enemy AI
- Greatly reduced Quick-Time Events
- Dismemberment is back, enemies will still fight you limbless
- Karma earned in combat can be used to purchase weapon and Ninpo upgrades, feats, and costumes
- Kasumi, Ayane, and Momiji are all playable characters
- Ayane gets her own chapters in story mode
- Kasumi, Ayane, and Momiji can be used while in Chapter Challenge and Ninja Trials co-op, with multiple costume options
- Chapter Challenge comes with ten chapters, including the Ayane stages, where you try to get the highest score in each chapter of the story
- Six weapons are available to Hayabusa through the game, including the Jinran-Maru & Blade of the Archfiend dual sword, Lunar Staff, and Kusari-gama
- Inferno, Wind Blades, and Piercing Void are new Ninpo
- With the Test of Valor challenges, anyone who finds the Crystal Skulls in each level will be transported to fight in battles with familiar bosses from the Ninja Gaiden series
- All previous paid DLC from Ninja Gaiden 3 will be made available
- The Ninja Skills upgrade system works online to let you use Karma to purchase 64 features for the Unknown Ninja in multiplayer Clan Battles
- Allowing up to 8 players, five new Clan Battle stages have beena dded
- You can use all of Hayabusa’s weapons and Ninpo in Clan Battles
- The amount of missions in Ninja Trials has been upped to 100
- Hayabusa, Ayane, Momiji, and Kasumi can be used in Ninja Trials
Talking about the PS3 release of Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge, Yosuke Hayashi, Team Ninja leader, had this to say:
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge is the most action-packed and feature rich Ninja Gaiden game ever created. The brutal combat will challenge the hardest of hardcore Ninja Gaiden fans while also rewarding them with tons of bonus content and new features including three playable female characters, new stages, and three times as many Ninja Trial missions.
With Razor’s Edge on Wii U getting much more favorable reviews than Ninja Gaiden 3 (which we gave a 2.5), will you be getting this updated re-release? Let us know in the comments below.