Grand Theft Auto V: 8GB Mandatory Install Confirmed, 1 Disc on PS3, Online Details and Official Gameplay Video Coming Soon
We’re two and a half months away from the Grand Theft Auto V PS3 and Xbox 360 launch this September 17th, and it looks like people still had some burning questions about the upcoming blockbuster, which Rockstar happily answered.
Getting one of the headlining pieces of information out of the way off the bat, Grand Theft Auto V will be a single disc on PS3 (2 on Xbox 360). Due to it being “the largest and most ambitious game we have yet created, and takes full advantage of every ounce of processing power available in the current generation of consoles,” there will be a mandatory install. This is expected to be around 8GB, so you shouldn’t have to wait too long before finally playing as Michael, Trevor, and Franklin.
Now, while we may know the install size for Grand Theft Auto V, we still haven’t seen any official gameplay or heard any details about the multiplayer. Addressing these, Rockstar teased that “the first official gameplay video is on its way…” and we can “expect to hear some first details soon” for Grand Theft Auto Online.
Here’s a few more pieces of information to come from the Q&A:
- A map will be included with each retail version of Grand Theft Auto V, while the blueprint map you receive in special editions of the game contains “plenty of additional information and secrets on it.”
- Weapons and vehicles “will be very customizable,” with a range of weapon upgrades and deep car customization. We should expect more details on all this soon.
- Rockstar didn’t have any new info regarding the possibility of a PC or next-gen release.
- When it comes to Grand Theft Auto Online, Rockstar has, since GTA IV, “continued to integrate newer and stronger methods of cheat detection and prevention for each of our games.” So, this should result in a level playing field when you jump into the GTA V multiplayer.
- Since the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game were “developed in tandem,” they “expect any visual differences to be completely negligible.”
- When you aren’t on a mission, you can switch between any of the three characters in real-time. Because the other characters carry on with their lives normally, you could possibly drop in on Michael in the middle of a family dispute, Franklin chatting up some ladies, or Trevor running from the law.
- Each character also has their own missions and side jobs, with the game also seeing you having to team up with one or two of the other characters in certain situations, being able to switch characters on the fly. Out of missions, you can spend the time alone, or with the others.
- You can’t kill one of the main characters with another main character, though it is possible to severely injure one of them, having you start off in the hospital when you switch to them.
Don’t be worried about a delay for Grand Theft Auto V as Rockstar assured everyone that it’s still going to be launching on September 17th for PS3 and Xbox 360.