DriveClub Update 1.16 Live on PS4, Companion App Releasing After PlayStation Plus Edition
Released alongside the Challenges servers being upgraded and replaced, here’s the full list of patch notes for today’s update:
- Challenges have been expanded to support an unlimited number of participants.
- Challenge notifications have been integrated into the Social Hub activity feed for easy access.
- The Challenge Menu has a new interface to make it easier to join Challenges.
- Evolution Studios Challenges have been added to the Challenge Menu for direct and easy access.
- Challenges can be set up to last longer: from 1hr up to 4 weeks per challenge.
- Invitation options have been optimized to focus on active players and reduce challenge notification spam.
- More of our favorite #PS4share pictures created by the community have been added to the Menus.
- Significant technical improvements have been made made to enhance server connectivity and prepare for the PlayStation Plus Edition.
As Evolution Studios adds, “There are 4 new Evolution Challenges to take part in too: join them directly from the new “Evolution” Menu!”
If you were having trouble unlocking the Unbeatable Trophy, Evolution suggests you try this with the new servers:
You’ll need to start over: Create and win 5 new challenges and make sure that each challenge has at least 1 other active player in them alongside you.
As for the Hoon-a-Tic Trophy, that fix is coming in update 1.17 later this month:
Update for those of you having issues with the “Hoon-a-Tic” Trophy:
It’s being fixed. We’re changing the way Drifting is recorded to make sure this Trophy is awarded when you reach 1,000,000 drift points.
This will come in a Game Update later this month, as soon as it has been properly and thoroughly tested.
Here’s what’s being changed with Hoon-a-Tic:
It’s awarded when your Driver Stats for the Drift Overdrive reach 1,000,000 points on the servers.
It’s being changed so that it’s awarded when your Driver Stats for the Drift Overdrive reach 1,000,000 points in your profile, which you can check in-game from the Main Menu.
If you already have 1,000,000 points you’ll get the Trophy straight away when we make this change in a game update later this month.
If you’re wondering about the PlayStation Plus Edition, there’s still no release date and it wasn’t mentioned in the June 2015 PlayStation Plus free games list. When asked about the delayed MyDriveClub app, Evolution replied, “The companion app will come after the PS+ Edition as we continue to improve server performance.”
What do you think of today’s update?