Star Wars Battlefront Free & Paid DLC in 2016 and 2017 Detailed, First Expansion Arrives This March
Outlining their Star Wars Battlefront DLC plans for the next year, DICE revealed that new, free content will be coming to the game over the next three months.
Featuring new maps, Hoth-themed outfits for Luke and Han Solo, Private Matches, Daily Challenges, and more, here’s the free DLC coming to Star Wars Battlefront in the near future:
- The Tatooine Survival map will now support the Blast, Droid Run, Drop Zone, Hero Hunt, and Heroes vs Villains multiplayer modes, and is called Raider Camp.
- New Hoth-themed outfits for Luke Skywalker and Han Solo, both of which will be available to all fans when they play as these two iconic characters on the Hoth – these were unlocked by our players for completing our Heroes’ Holiday community mission last month.
- We are giving players the ability to create Private Matches, which makes playing with friends even easier.
- The introduction of Daily Challenges and Community Events. These are designed to rally the Community around certain goals and objectives, giving players the chance to earn credits and unlocks even faster. We’ll have more news regarding Community Events and Daily Challenges in the days ahead.
- And of course, we are also including some overall balancing tweaks to both weapons and multiplayer modes.
- New Survival mission on Hoth
- Brand new Hoth multiplayer map that will support larger game modes, including Walker Assault, Supremacy, Fighter Squadron and Turning Point.
- Turning Point will be available on all maps that currently support Walker Assault and Supremacy.
- New multiplayer map on Endor that will support Walker Assault, Supremacy, and Turning Point, and an additional Tatooine Survival map.
Senior Producer Sigurlina Ingvarsdottir adds, “In addition to the free content we will be delivering through March, we will continue to listen to our community throughout the year and provide updates designed to make Star Wars Battlefront even more fun for everyone.”
Looking at paid DLC and the Season Pass, there will be four expansion packs in total, adding new maps and modes, Heroes, weapons, and more. They’re scheduled to release between March 2016 and early 2017:
- Star Wars Battlefront ‘Outer Rim’ (March 2016) – Fight among the factories of Sullust and battle within Jabba the Hutt’s palace on Tatooine.
- Star Wars Battlefront ‘Bespin’ (Summer 2016) – It’s hunt or be hunted in this action-packed experience set in the Cloud City of Bespin.
- Star Wars Battlefront ‘Death Star’ (Autumn 2016) – That’s no moon! One of the most iconic locations in the Star Wars universe makes its debut in Star Wars Battlefront.
- Star Wars Battlefront Expansion Pack 4 (Early 2017) – We will have more details to share about this exciting new expansion pack in the coming months.
If you don’t want the Season Pass, you’ll be able to buy each expansion pack separately.
What do you think of the DICE’s plans for Battlefront?
[Source: EA Star Wars]