Overwatch Update 1.10 Is Live on PS4, Xbox One & PC, Here’s the Patch Notes
Before participating in the new Halloween Terror event, you’ll need to download the new Overwatch update, which launched today on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
A 4GB download on PS4, and around 1.6GB on PC and 3.3GB Xbox One, patch 1.10 adds new leaderboards, static cameras in spectator mode, the ability to rejoin a competitive match at anytime if you’re disconnected, two different aiming modes with controllers, and more.
You can learn all about the Halloween Terror event over here, with the other big changes in today’s patch below:
In-game leaderboards will now show off the top 500 competitive players from each region, and a separate leaderboard will allow players to see how their competitive performance stacks up against their Battle.net friends. Plus, we’re adding leaderboards for the Overwatch Halloween Terror event that’s happening right now!
Note: After downloading the latest patch, players will need to complete at least one Competitive Play match before they’ll appear on the Battle.net friend leaderboards.
- Static cameras are now supported in spectator mode
- Team names can now be edited in custom games
- Raised the volume of Hanzo’s Dragonstrike voice line while wearing the Okami/Lone Wolf Skin
- Heroes hit by Ana’s Nano Boost have a new voice line that informs other players
- Increased frequency of Reinhardt’s “barrier failing” voice line
- Custom Games can now be paused
- Players who leave or are disconnected from a competitive match can now rejoin anytime while the match is still in progress
- Teammates of a disconnected player can now exit a match after 2 minutes have elapsed (formerly 1 minute), and they will not receive a leaver penalty. However, they will receive a loss
- Camera movement in Spectator Mode has been improved
User Interface Updates
- Hero Gallery now signify which items were unlocked during the Overwatch Halloween Terror event
- Several minor aesthetic changes have been made to the game’s Main, Social, and Options menus
- Removed several stats that were duplicated for certain heroes throughout the career profile
- Graphics, typography, and layout have been updated in the Player Profile menu
Controller users can now choose between two aiming modes:
- Dual-Zone mode (New default): The vast majority of the thumbstick’s range moves with reduced sensitivity and relatively high acceleration. However, when the thumbstick crosses to the outer 10% of its range, it will move with high sensitivity and relatively low acceleration. This mode will allow for more precise aiming, while still allowing players to turn around quickly
- Exponential Ramp mode (Old default): As the thumbstick moves toward the outside of its range, the sensitivity is ramped up exponentially. The acceleration remains relatively high throughout
- Certain commendations will now appear less frequently during end-of-round voting, and others will appear more frequently (e.g. Torbjörn’s Armor Packs Created will appear less frequently while Offensive Assists will appear more frequently)
- [PS4, XB1] Fixed an issue that was incorrectly displaying a top 500 icon for certain players, even though they had not yet broken into the top 500
The Hero balancing in this update includes Ana’s Nano Boost (ultimate cost has been increased by 20%) and Biotic Grenade (radius has been increased from 3 to 4 meters), Widowmaker’s Widow’s Kiss (scoping-in animation time has been reduced from 0.5 to 0.33 seconds), and Junkrat’s RIP-Tire (ability now activates more quickly).
You’ll also find general bug fixes, as well as fixes for maps and Heroes.
What do you think of the new update?