EA: No New Battlefield Game in 2017, Star Wars Battlefront Sequel to Be “Much Bigger”

November 30, 2016 Written by Jason Dunning

starwarsbattlefront555x3284

At the Nasdaq 35th Investor Program earlier today, EA CFO Blake Jorgensen said they “won’t have another Battlefield for a couple of years. Next year we’ll have Battlefront, the Star Wars game.”

The Star Wars Battlefront sequel is expected to arrive in late 2017, and Jorgensen says it will be “much bigger” and “much more exciting.” He also they’ll be addressing some of the criticism from the first game, and they’ll have the ability to draw from content in the new movies:

We were very excited about how Star Wars [Battlefront] came out last year. It’s a beautiful game, people loved it. I think if there was criticism they just wanted more. And so we’re taking that criticism to heart as we build the next game and trying to address any of the issues that they had.

The other thing is, we were really working with the old canvas of Star Wars, the old trilogy, we weren’t using any of the new materials that came out of [Episode 7] because our game actually came out slightly before the movie. Next year we’ll have the opportunity to leverage more of that content from the new movies and we think that’ll make the opportunity much larger.

While EA isn’t releasing a new Battlefield in 2017, they do have plans for four Battlefield 1 expansion packs, starting with They Shall Not Pass in March 2017.

What do you hope to see from Star Wars Battlefront 2?

[Source: GameSpot, VideoGamer]