Final Fantasy XIV’s Latest Update The Far Edge of Fate is Now Live
Final Fantasy XIV‘s Patch 3.5 – The Far Edge of Fate is live as of today, January 17, and Square Enix has posted the supplementary patch notes to prove it.
It is the game’s first major update since last year’s Soul Surrender, and one that’s designed to lay the groundwork for the oncoming Stromblood expansion. Per PS Blog, Far Edge of Fate brings with it “new main scenario quests which begin leading adventurers toward the events in Stormblood, two new dungeons, a challenging trial against the final member of the Warring Triad, a cross-World party building feature, highly requested system updates and so much more!”
Full patch notes can be found through the Lodestone, which previews all of the many, many improvements coming to FFXIV. Here, we’ve cherry-picked the list of resolved issues for you to peruse.
- An issue with the blackmage action Sleep wherein the help text stated it only affects a single target in PvP before acquiring the trait Deep Sleep.
- An issue wherein the summoner action Enkindle does not behave properly under certain conditions.
- An issue wherein the Raise status effect granted by the arcanist action Resurrection cannot be overwritten by the conjurer action Raise or the astralogian action Ascend.
- An issue in the Whorleater (Extreme) wherein the help text for the Briny Mirror status was innaccurate.
- An issue wherein selecting the space between hotbar icons with a mouse would cause the hotbar to become transparent.
- An issue wherein the display priority of map markers differed between the map and mini-map.
- An issue when enlisting new recruits in an adventurer squadron wherein the recruit’s enlistment papers were not processed properly.
- An issue when canceling adventurer squadron missions and training courses wherein the default position of the cursor was set to No. (gamepad only)
- An issue wherein the bard action Warden’s Paean could protect against multiple detrimental effects in PvP areas.
- An issue when participating in an instance via Duty Roulette: Mentor wherein the mentor status would be renounced when returning to an instance after the client crashed.
- An issue with “The Palace of the Dead” wherein the effects during a combo would not activate properly when a Pomander is used while performing a combo.
- An issue with the boss battle against Siren in “Pharos Sirius” wherein it would take longer than usual to be defeated when fighting solo and becoming afflicted by “Death Throes”.
- An issue with the boss battle against Cuchulainn in “the Void Ark” wherein the debuff “Bleeding” would constantly be applied under certain conditions.
- An issue with player duels wherein auto-attack would not activate properly when choosing to have a rematch while still targeting a KOed opponent.
- An issue wherein the “Raise” effect applied by Resurrection could not be overwritten with the spell Raise.
- An issue wherein the selling price of the night pegasus whistle was incorrect.
- An issue when progressing through the Amalj’aa beast tribe daily quests “Douse Them While They’re Down” and “Hatchling Humiliation” wherein battle would not come to an end and the user would be unable to ride a mount under certain conditions.
- An issue with “Grand Company Squadron” wherein the number of times training can be done would not reset if the Training Complete confirmation window was open when it was time for the reset to occur.
- An issue wherein a summoned retainer would leave when performing an action with the retainer while the Duty Information window was still open.
- An issue wherein Fixed Cameras would be switched to at the same time when clicking with L2/R2 while using virtual mouse mode in spectator mode for the Feast.
- An issue wherein camera transitioning would not occur properly when using the idling camera in certain instances.
- An issue with Containment Bay P1T6 (Extreme) wherein the field would not be displayed properly when a character falls under certain conditions.
- An issue wherein the minimap would not display properly when changing the window size of the minimap to a certain size while the Display Settings under “System Configuration” were set to a certain configuration.
- An issue wherein the “Entering Hall of the Novice” window would not display when queuing up to participate in Hall of the Novice and queuing up for a selected instance using the duty finder at nearly the same time.
- An issue wherein the client would crash when opening the “Yo-kai Medallium” window while riding a mount under certain conditions.
- An issue when leaving “The Palace of the Dead” wherein the client would crash after leaving the instance under certain conditions,
The Far Edge of Fate will be available from today, January 17, while Final Fantasy XIV players also have the forthcoming Stormblood expansion pack to look forward to. Expect that one to debut on June 20.