For Honor Update 1.05 Now Out on PS4 & Xbox One, Here’s the Changes
Released earlier this month for PC, For Honor update 1.05 is now live on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
In addition to all of the changes below, Ubisoft notes that AFK detection now treats non-changing/constant controller inputs as AFK and will kick you from matches after a certain time (doesn’t include when you’re dead during Brawl and Elimination matches). Also, Global Order are now available for Daily Orders, and will be available for Contract Orders on Thursday when it resets.
Here’s the patch notes for today’s new For Honor update:
Superior Block feedback
- Warden’s Top Light opener Superior Block visual effect applied on sword.
- Kensei’s Dodge Forward, Left, Right Superior Block visual effect applied on sword.
- Removed Guardbreak Cancel from Shield Tackle Cancel Moveset description.
- Updated Guardbreak Tutorial text for more clarity on Counter Guardbreak.
- [Bug Fix] Counter Guardbreak ability is no longer affected by the Debuff Gear Stat.
- [Bug Fix] Assassins not falling Unbalance when thrown out of stamina is resolved.
- [Bug Fix] Revenge activation no longer interruptible by Emotes.
- [Bug Fix] Fixed inverted Kensei Emotes “Wipe Blade” and “Arm and Armed”.
- [Bug Fix] Hidden Stance input improvement
- [Bug Fix] Nobushi’s bleed can no longer be applied without hitting target
- [Bug Fix] Using Shove on an enemy about to fall used to change their fall reaction
- (enemy would land on their feet instead of falling on their back).
- [Bug Fix] Blocking External Attacks while in Full Block Stance now costs stamina
- Heavy Finishers hit areas updated
- Health regeneration only works from Idle
- Health regeneration set to 12HP per tick (from 10HP)
- [Bug Fix] Shield Basher functionality will no longer be partially deactivated on death.
- Boosts are no longer available for pick-up at round start, they now appear 20 seconds after each round starts.
- The time to pick up a Boost has been increased from 1 second to 2 seconds.
- The following changes have been made to help shorten the average match length:
- The Hero Kill reward has been increased from 27 to 35 points
- The Streak kill bonus awarded per subsequent kill is now 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 points instead of 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25.
- The “Savior” reward (assisting a friendly in a duel) has been increased from 10 to 15 points
- Introduced the “Avenger” renown bonus that rewards 15 points (Killing an enemy who has recently killed a team mate within a 10 second timeframe)
- Changed the “Honor” bonus of 1 vs 1/2/ 3/4 to 15, 20, 25 and 30 points from 10, 15, 20, and 25 points
- Base respawn time has been reduced from 12 to 10 seconds
- The Hero Single pick option has been added to custom matches, accessed on the rules page.
- Attack and Defense stats no longer apply when in Revenge mode. Only the Revenge Attack and Revenge Defense stats apply when in Revenge.
- Debuff Resistance will no longer reduce the Guardbreak Counter window of opportunity.
- Revenge gain by Defense is now applied only when you block or parry a hit.
- Revenge gain by Injury is now only applied when you get revenge from taking damage.
- Revenge mode Defense (found on Weapon slot 2, usually hilt)
- maximum bonus decreased from 48.2% down to 32.1%
- maximum penalty decreased from -16.1% to -10.6%
Revenge gain by Defense (found on Weapon slot 2, usually hilt)
- maximum bonus decreased from 36.2% down to 24.1%
- maximum penalty decreased from -12.1% to -8.0%
Revenge mode attack (found on Weapon part 3, usually guard)
- maximum bonus decreased from 48.2% down to 24.1%
- maximum penalty decreased from -16.1% to -8.0%
Revenge mode duration (found on Helm part)
- maximum bonus decreased from 54.0% down to 25.0%%
- maximum penalty decreased from -18.0% to -8.3%
Sprint Speed (found on Chest part)
- The maximum bonus decreased from 18% down to 9%
- The maximum penalty decreased from -6.0% to -3.0%
- All Daily Orders and Contract Orders can now be done in PvP and PvAI without distinction.
- Added Daily Orders that can be done regardless of the game mode you play.
- Team icons disappear from the chat window once the chat has timed out.
- Players will no longer be paired on the same team when paying in 1v1 Duel after re-inviting a player who has quit
For developer comments on several of the changes, head over here.
The next update, 1.06, should be out on consoles in early May. It will include stability improvements and hero balancing.
What do you think of For Honor after installing 1.05?