Next Titanfall 2 Update Arrives on May 30, Includes a New Titan & a New Map
The next Titanfall 2 update, Monarch’s Reign, will arrive on May 30, Respawn has announced. It will include the 7th multiplayer Titan, Monarch, who can improve her combat abilities during a battles based on options set by her pilot. Additionally, the DLC drop will bring Relic, a remastered classic map from Titanfall, new purchasable Prime Titans, and more.
Here’s everything you can expect when Monarch’s Reign releases next week on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC:
New Titan: Monarch
- Monarch is a mid-range Vanguard-class Titan that can upgrade itself on the battlefield through her unique Upgrade Core. Pilots select a path of upgrades and try to survive long enough to reach her final form.
New Prime Titans: Ronin Prime and Tone Prime
- Ronin Prime charges the field with a samurai-inspired aesthetic including a visual-upgrade for his sword so he may more stylishly pierce the heavens (and enemy Titans).
New Map: Relic
- Set among the old wreck of the IMC carrier IMS Odyssey, Relic is a worksite where Pilots have created clever wall running routes by hanging pieces of the wreckage between buildings. The map consists of the wreck of the Odyssey in the center of the map that splits the two town areas.
- Created with frontlines in mind, the gameplay is all about assaulting and controlling the center and engaging in firefights from the great viewpoints of the ship against the varied defensible positions in the Town.
Map Update: Crashsite
- We worked on a collision pass for Crashsite, fixing around 100 instances of getting bumped, bonked, stuck or tripped up. During the clean-up, we also wanted to experiment with more mobility options. To that end we’ve added 8 ziplines to get around the map faster and a few more wallrunning locations.
- Now You See Me (Cloak)
New Store Content
- Nose art
Titan Brawl will be the Featured Mode on May 30, and double XP will also be offered for all modes at that time.
In the future, Respawn will be “introducing some major balancing changes that we’ll be experimenting with in the Featured Mode spot as well. Player feedback will be crucial as we decide next steps.”