Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite Gets a Full Story Trailer, Offline & Online Modes Detailed
With just over a month until launch, Capcom has released the full story trailer for Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, which sees heroes from both sides battling Ultron Sigma, who has used two Infinity Stones to fuse the Marvel and Capcom universes, and Jedah, who has worked with other villains to create a Symbiote beast.
There will be 30 characters in the Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite roster at launch, including Jedah, Dormammu, Firebrand, and Ghost Rider, who will all receive further details next week at gamescom. More post-launch characters will be revealed in the future.
Here’s the online and offline modes you can expect from Infinite on day one:
Offline Modes & Features
- Story – puts players at the center of a fierce battle as heroes from both universes come together to stop Ultron Sigma, the combined form of two robotic villains.
- Arcade – recreates the classic arcade experience. Keep winning to move forward and confront the final boss in an epic showdown of skills.
- Mission – players can do various tutorial missions, or try their hand at advanced character-specific challenges.
- Training – set up a training area with various parameters and hone skills to improve fighting abilities.
- Vs. Player 2 – go head-to-head against another player locally.
- Vs. CPU – play solo against an AI-controlled opponent.
- Collection – the Dr. Light Database contains numerous unlockable items, including cut scenes from the story mode, character/stage information, concept artwork and character/stage audio tracks.
Online Modes & Features
- Ranked Match – battle other players online to advance in the rankings.
- Casual Match – battle other players online without the results affecting the rankings.
- Beginners League – a special league fought between players of Rank 14 or lower.
- Lobby – search for or create a lobby where up to 8 players can engage in simultaneous player-vs-player matches.
- Rankings – view the rankings of players from all over the world.
- Replay Settings – configure replay settings and view replays.
Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite releases on September 19 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.