Titanfall 2 Update on August 29 Brings New Live Fire Map, More Frontier Defense Maps
The next DLC drop for Titanfall 2, Postcards From the Frontier, will be available on Tuesday, August 29, developer Respawn announced today. It will add a new Live Fire map, more maps for Frontier Defense, eight new Elite Weapon Variants for purchase, and more.
Here’s all the details on Postcards From the Frontier:
New Live Fire Map
- Uma – Tight corridors guide combat into three arenas flanked by balconies, doorways, and windows. A large central divider provides cover for short range effectiveness, with a long flank that opens opportunities for confident marksmen.
- Hole in the Wall (Amped Wall) – Kill 5 Pilots while Amped Wall is active to unlock
More Maps for Frontier Defense
- Angel City
New Elite Weapon Variants
- Thunderbolt “8-bit”
- Spitfire “Lead Farmer”
- Devotion “RSPN Custom”
- Hemlock “Mochi”
- Kraber “Masterwork”
- R-97 “Purple Fade”
- R-201 “Frontier Patriot”
- Mozambique “Crimson Fury
Each comes with a Squad Leader Bonus:
- 10% chance per owned Elite skin (up to 30%) to earn a Double XP token at the end of a match.
- Grants one extra merit to you and your teammates at the end of a match. A player can only receive this bonus once per match.
- $4.99 each or $24.99 for the bundle of 8 (bundle limited time only until 9/26).
New Featured Modes
- Aegis Titan Brawl
- Aegis Last Titan Standing
Both of these modes will have the same rules as their originals except you’ll be playing with your Aegis upgraded Titans from Frontier Defense. Now’s the time to get on that grind to max out your Titan so you’re ready on 8/29! We’ll kick things off with Aegis Titan Brawl at launch.
You’ll also find new Callsign Banners in the DLC drop.
Respawn gave out some interesting Titanfall 2 stats on their blog, revealing that there’s still over a million players playing multiplayer each month, and they expect August to be the biggest month of 2017. Additionally, the average time spent per player is the highest it’s been in the last six months, Wargames has been the toughest Frontier Defense map, and the number of average daily active users has gone up by nearly 50% in the last month since Frontier Defense came out and Titanfall 2 was added to the EA Access vault.