This is definitely good news. There has been a great deal of press regarding the issues with Socom. Not to mention, the boards filled with well deserved gripes for connection issues and such. This patch will do a great deal to resolve just about every issue out there. Sad to say, there will be no trophy feature with this patch. That’s ok though, they did say that it would not be in the first patch and the game needs to be stable before anyone could really dedicate the time to the game to achieve trophies.
Socom is getting good.
- Fixed many issues which would cause the game to crash, hang, disconnect and exit to the PS3 XMB.
- Fixed an issue which would cause large numbers of players in a high player count game to be simultaneously disconnected.
- Fixed an issue which would cause players to be invincible.
- Fixed a physics issue which would cause players to occasionally “warp” around on the map.
- Fixed an issue where a “corrupt save data” message would be incorrectly displayed after updating the game.
- Fixed some player model issues related to team swapping.
- Client/server optimization.
- Fixed an issue where the scope camera had an incorrect offset from the barrel of the gun while prone or leaning/peeking.