Written by Paulmichael
A recent post on Far Cry 2’s official forums by Community Developer “Atom” highlights some key features of an upcoming patch that will soon be available. The patch will enable the option to have a multiplayer game with a “hardcore” mode, and it has been created in response to some users desiring that the game be more realistic than it already is. All of these new changes are listed after the jump.
The hardcore setting will be available for all game modes, and will introduce the following attributes to gameplay:
- A new damage model will be applied with increased damage for all weapons.
- All weapons have been rebalanced on normal mode, and on hardcore mode.
- Enemy names will disappear after the spawning invincibility period is over (A shield is displayed above a player’s head for a few seconds to show that he is invincible).
- A new option will allow hosts to tweak spawning time (but not spawning rate).
- A new search option will be available in multiplayer to allow players to find games that are playing on hardcore mode.
The patch doesn’t have an official date yet, but hopefully it will come soon!