Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II Story Gets Detailed
With over 7 million sales and a recent trophy patch, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed was a smash hit amongst gamers. The sequel, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II, is looking to improve vastly from its successful predecessor, particularly, in its storyline.
During an interview with NowGamer, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II executive producer Hayden Blackman explains how the story continues on from the first game. The team were reportedly interested in considering other characters but ultimately decided to continue with the Starkiller.
Once we figured out how we were going to bring him back it all made sense and fell into place. It’s just as dark as TFU I in some ways, but it’s a lot more personal, too.
Other details for The Force Unleashed II include:
- Starkiller could be clone, or that’s what Vader is telling him
- The game is set during the height of the Empire’s rule
- Locations include Kamino and Cato Neimoidia – the latter is similar to Las Vegas
- Starkiller will visit the Dagobah system, and enter the ‘Cave of Evil’
- The sequel is set around six months after the first game: “We’re being a little bit vague on it, but it’s about – just because we’re dealing with this whole accelerated cloning process – six months,” confirmed Blackman.
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II is currently scheduled for a release this fall. Check out the game’s recently released screenshots.