PlayStation LifeStyle, with the help of some friends, brings to all trophy hunters and completists out there, a trophy guide that should help everyone obtain the much sought after Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 platinum.
Please note: This Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 trophy guide will contain spoilers, so read at your own risk.
Platinum – Platinum
– Awarded when all other trophies have been unlocked.
Earn all 50 trophies to unlock
No Man Left Behind – Bronze
– Rescue Woods
Complete mission 1 ‘Pyrrhic Victory’.
Gathering Storm – Bronze
– Investigate the jungle facility
Complete mission 2 ‘Celerium’.
Shifting Sands – Bronze
– Gather intel on Raul Menendez from Mullah Rahmaan.
Complete mission 3 ‘Old Wounds’.
Driven by Rage – Bronze
– Take down Menendez and his operation.
Complete mission 4 ‘Time and Fate’.
Waterlogged – Bronze
– Gather information on Raul Menendez’ suspected terrorist plot.
Complete mission 5 ‘Fallen Angel’.
What Happens in Colossus… – Bronze
– Find the Karma weapon
Complete mission 6 ‘Karma’.
False Profit – Bronze
– Capture Manual Noriega and bring him to justice
Complete mission 7 ‘Suffer With Me’.
Deep Cover – Bronze
– Capture Menendez
Complete mission 8 ‘Achilles’ Veil’
Sinking Star – Bronze
– Interrogate Menendez
Complete mission 9 ‘Odysseus’.
Late for the Prom – Bronze
– Escort the president to the secure location in downtown LA.
Complete mission 10 ‘Cordis Die’.
Death from Above – Silver
– Stop Menendez once and for all.
Complete mission 11 ‘Judgment Day’.
Old Fashioned – Silver
– Complete “Pyrrhic Victory”, “Old Wounds”, “Time and Fate”, and “Suffer With Me” in Veteran.
If you completed the game on a difficulty lower than Veteran, use mission select to play through the required levels on Veteran difficulty.
Futurist – Silver
– Complete all future levels in Veteran.
If you completed the game on a difficulty lower than Veteran, use mission select to play through the following levels on Veteran difficulty:
- Celerium (mission 2)
- Fallen Angel (mission 5)
- Karma (Mission 6)
- Achilles’ Veil (Mission 8)
- Odysseus (Mission 9)
- Cordis Die (Mission 10)
- Judgment Day (Mission 11)
Giant Accomplishment – Gold
– Complete all challenges in Black Ops 2
Each Story and Strike Force mission has 10 challenges (160 in total) that are listed in your Career Record, which is only accessible via the campaign menu.
Mission Complete – Silver
– Complete all challenges in a level.
Complete all 10 challenges for a single mission.
Just Gettin’ Started – Bronze
– Complete 1 challenge in any level.
Complete a single challenge for any mission.
Singapore Sling – Bronze
– Successfully neutralize the SDC freighter at Keppel Terminal.
Complete the Strike Force mission ‘Shipwreck’.
Desert Storm – Bronze
– Successfully escort the VIPs to Safety.
Complete the Strike Force mission ‘I.E.D.’.
Defender – Bronze
– Successfully defend FOB Spectre from incursion.
Complete the Strike Force mission ‘Fob Spectre’.
Black Ops 2 Master – Gold
– Complete the campaign on Hardened or Veteran difficulty.
Complete all story missions on hardened or Veteran difficulty, this does not include the Strike Force missions.
Art of War – Silver
– Successfully assassinate SDC Chairman Tian Zhao
Complete the Strike Force mission ‘Dispatch’.
Blind Date – Bronze
– Successfully rescue HVI
Complete the Strike Force mission ‘Second Chance’.
Family Reunion – Bronze
– There are two futures.
During mission 7 ‘Suffer With Me’, instead of using the sniper rifle to shoot the hostage in the head as instructed, shoot them in the leg.
Hey Good Looking – Bronze
– Plastic surgery avoided.
During mission 5 ‘Fallen Angel’, avoid the fire form the pipe near the end of the driving sequence by staying to the right.
Showdown – Bronze
– A duel between rival.
During mission 6 ‘Karma’, do not capture DeFalco when you are supposed to give chase. Then, on mission 8 ‘Achilles’ Veil’, choose to kill Harper instead of Menendez, the trophy will eventually pop up during a cutscene in chapter 9 ‘Odysseus’.
Dirty Business – Bronze
– Listen and think before you shoot.
During mission 3 ‘Old Wounds’, resist killing Kravchenko by continuously pressing Square. He will die anyway, but you will unlock the trophy during mission 7 ‘Suffer With Me’.
Ship Shape – Bronze
– Reinforcements on the way.
Complete all 5 Strike Force missions before starting mission 9 ‘Odysseus’. Then on ‘Odysseus’, choose to shoot Briggs in the leg instead of killing him, and complete the level.
Dead or Alive – Bronze
– Jailor or Executioner.
Complete mission 11 ‘Judgment Day”.
Ultimate Sacrifice – Bronze
– Only one can survive.
During mission 8 ‘Achilles’ Veil’, shoot Menendez or do not shoot anyone.
Good Karma – Bronze
– Crack the celerium worm.
Complete these missions with these decisions:
- During mission 6 ‘Karma’, Kill DeFalco, or rescue Chloe on the Strike Force mission ‘Second Chance’.
- During mission 8 ‘Achilles’ Veil’, kill Harper.
- During mission 9 ‘Odysseus’, shoot Briggs in the leg.
High IQ – Bronze
– Collect all 33 pieces of intel.
Back in Time – Bronze
– Use a future weapon in the past.
Unlock a futuristic weapon, then use it to complete a mission from the past.
Man of the People – Bronze
– Stop the brutality inflicted by the PDF.
During mission 4 ‘Time and Fate’, kill the soldiers that are attacking the civilians.
Gun Nut – Bronze
– Complete a level with a customized loadout
Customize your loadout before a mission.
Ten K – Bronze
– Minimum score 10k in every mission.
Play on a harder difficulty if having trouble reaching the 10,000 points for each mission.
Welcome to the Club – Bronze
– Reach Sergent (level 10) in multiplayer public match.
Play matches with objectives, and make sure to finish the game even if you are doing poorly, as you are still rewarded for finishing a round. If playing online seems a bit too much at first, you are still able to gain XP through combat training towards this trophy.
Welcome to the Penthouse – Gold
– Prestige once in a multiplayer public match.
Once you reach level 55 you can access the ability to prestige, which will require you to unlock all of your weapons once again, the option will be found under Barracks in the multiplayer menu.
Big Leagues – Silver
– Win 5 multiplayer league play games after being placed in a division.
First, you will have to play 5 league matches to be able to choose a division, then all you will need to do is be on the winning team for 5 more matches.
Trained Up – Bronze
– Win 10 multiplayer games while playing Combat Training playlists.
Simply win 10 matches in Combat Training. The easiest way to do this is find modes that are better to your strengths, such as deathmatch for those that are better shots, and capture the flag/Domination for people more attuned to objectives.
Party Animal – Bronze
– Win 10 multiplayer games while playing in Party games playlists.
While playing in Party Games playlist, place in the top 3 for 10 matches on the same game mode.
Tower of Babble – Silver
-In TranZit, obey the voices.
* Note: Unless patched, there is a glitch that stops this from being completed if someone on your team has already completed this easteregg.
Maxis easter egg:
You must be playing in Co-Op on TranZit (Zombie mode), with at least 2 people on original difficulty.
1: Both players will need to build a turbine from the first room by finding the appropriate parts and taking them to the work bench.
2: Use the bus to get to the diner, which should be the next stop. Acquire an EMP grenade from the mystery box, or restart.
3: Next you will have to take the bus to the 4th stop, the Power Station, where you will need to build the parts to turn on the power (750 points to the door). Dr. Maxis will tell you turn off the power, as soon as he is done speaking, turn it off with the switch in the computer room.
4: Afterwards, leave the lab and follow the road to the left, back where the bus came from. You will see a lantern through the fog. On the left side of the road there will be rocks that will need to be followed until you reach a cornfield. Run around the cornfield until you find a gap between the plants, with an entrance.
5: Within is a huge pylon, look above it until you hear and see a thunderstorm above the pylon.
6: Kill every zombie left in the area to restart the round, an electric zombie will have a 50% chance to spawn while the thunderstorm is up above. If he does spawn, you will need to set up 2 turbines at the designated locations.
7: There are 2 entrances to the pylon, which ever side you enter on you will need to face the turbine towards the pillar on the right as the electric zombie enters the pylon. Once Dr. Maxis tells you to kill it, throw an EMP grenade at it without destroying your turbines.
9: Pick up both turbines, and both players will need to find a lantern (teleporter), then set down their turbines down at the exact same moment to call the red mist.
Lanterns (teleporter) are located at:
- Bus stop 1
- Bus stop 2
- Bus stop 5
Don’t Fire Until You See – Bronze
– In TranZit, have all doors opened winthout being set on fire.
There are 19 doors that must be opened on this map, some that require a turbine, and some that do not. You must open each door without touching the lava on the ground, or being hurt by a flaming zombie.
Bus stop 1 – 3 doors
Bus stop 2 – 3 doors
Bus stop 3 – 4 doors
Bus stop 4 – 3 doors
Bus stop 5 – 6 doors
The Lights Of Their Eyes – Bronze
– In Green Run, pacify at least 10 zombies with 1 EMP.
On TranZit, go to the diner and use the mystery box until you obtain an EMP or restart the game. Once obtained, round up 10 or more zombies in a crowd by simply circling around them and killing only those you must, then throw the EMP at them.
Undead Man’s Party Bus – Bronze
– In TranZit, complete all additions to the the bus in 1 game.
There are three upgrades to the bus that can be made, each one spawns at one of four different locations:
- Bus stop 1 – beginning area
- Bus stop 2 – diner
- Bus stop 3 – farm
- Bus stop 4 – town
Dance On My Grave – Bronze
– In Green Run, acquire your Tombstone.
While in co-op, go past the unground lab to find the perk ‘Tombstone’. After spending the 2000 points to purchase it, get killed (do not get revived) and then pick up the floating tombstone.
Standard Equipment May Vary – Bronze
– In TranZit, acquire 4 different equipable items in 1 game.
Build and equip 4 of the constructable equipment items found in each area.
- Turbine: mannequin, toy plane wing & fan
- Zombie shield: dolly & car door
- Turret: machine gun, ammo box & lawn mower
- Electricity trap: car battery, headlight & sculpture
- Jet cannon: jet turbine,lever, cables & speedometer
You Have No Power Over Me – Bronze
– In TranZit, defeat “him” without being attacked by “him
Acquire an EMP grenade from the mystery box from bus stop 2, then proceed to bus stop 4. Once there get to the underground lab and turn the power on, to spawn “him” and throw the EMP at him for an instant kill.
I Don’t Think They Exist – Bronze
– In TranZit, kill one of the denizens of the forest while it is latched onto you.
Simply run into the fog area and you will see a small creature jump on your head, repeatedly hit R3 (Melee) to knock it off and kill it.
Fuel Efficient – Bronze
– In TranZit, use an alternative mode of transportation.
Build the turbine from the first area and place it under a lantern on the street outside. Once that emits a green light, run into the fog to get the small creature to latch onto you, then run back into the light. The creature will hop off and jump into a portal on the ground, follow him before it closes to be transported to a random area.
Happy Hour – Bronze
– In TranZit, buy 2 different perks before turning on the power
Build the turbine from the first area and place it in front of a perk machine to be able to purchase it. The two easiest perks to purchase are Quick Revive (500 pts) and Speed Cola (3000 pts).
If you need further assistance with any of the trophies above feel free to leave a comment below letting us know which trophy you are having trouble with, or feel free to message me on twitter @Foolsjoker. Also, stay tuned to be updated on how to obtain all of the Black Ops 2 DLC trophies as they are released.