Note: Since this rumor appears to be coming from the sources of a source, be sure to take everything you’re about to read with a huge grain of salt. Also, when a rumor sounds too good to be true, it usually is. This is a lot for Sony to announce in just one press event — even one as large as E3 — so adjust expectations accordingly.
According to Dualshockers, an anonymous source contacted them and has revealed details about Sony’s upcoming E3 2014 Press Conference (expected to happen on Monday, June 9th at night). The source says that the information they have received comes from contacts within Sony Worldwide Studios and the BBH New York marketing firm, while Dualshockers says they have confirmed some of the given information with a second source.
Here’s everything they heard, but keep in mind that everything is a rumor right now:
Info From Both Sources
- Uncharted on PS4 will have a 3-minute trailer featuring in-engine footage, with gameplay spread out across the video. The release date is apparently Summer 2015, with a tropical setting and different time periods with Nathan/Francis.
- Media Molecule’s PS4 title will use Project Morpheus and have 3D world building and quirky visuals. Could be called Entwined and is said to be out in Late 2015.
- Guerrilla Games’ new IP will be an RPG and will be shown off during the conference.
- Japan Studio will debut Project Beast, a spiritual successor to Demon’s Souls, and The Last Guardian for PS4.
Info From One Source
- Gran Turismo 6 will come to PS4 with improved 1080p/60fps visuals and extra features/tracks in Mid/Late 2015.
- A God of War 4 CG teaser will be shown, with the game having a Late 2015 release date.
- Kill Strain will be related to the Syphon Filter reboot on PS4, with Sony Bend working on it. Release could happen in Winter 2014.
- Wipeout is coming to PS4.
- Quantic Dream has a trailer set for either E3 or gamescom, with Quantic and Ready at Dawn possibly becoming part of Sony Worldwide Studios.
- The Order: 1886 will have a stage demo.
- Ninja Theory is far into development on a PS4 exclusive that might be Heavenly Sword 2.
- Sony London will show off a AAA third-person title.
- Sucker Punch’s inFamous: Second Son DLC includes a new power and (possibly) a new setting.
- DriveClub will be shown off, with a PS4 demo set to hit the PlayStation Store on the same day.
- Rockstar (with Grand Theft Auto), Ubisoft, EA, Konami, Capcom, Warner Bros, Activision, Square Enix, and Take-Two are expected to be on stage.
- New PlayStation Plus Instant Game Collection titles will be announced.
- Project Morpheus, the Sony Entertainment Network, and PlayStation Now are said to be getting some time.
- The PS3 and PS Vita will get price drops, with the PS Vita and PS3 getting only a little bit of attention during the show.
- Finally, the source says Sony will close out E3 2014 with a teaser for The Last of Us 2.
As said above, treat everything you read here as a rumor, and an extremely bold one.