The next patch for Mass Effect Andromeda, Patch 1.05, is set for release tomorrow on April 6 and the game’s lead designer, Ian Frazier, has shared a few details on the upcoming patch beyond the information released in the patch notes.
According to Frazier, the new patch will increase the inventory limit to 100 and be expandable up to 200 with AVP. Previously, the limit was set to only 50 and could only be upgradable up to 80, so the update is definitely a big and positive change to the game.
Another update detailed by Frazier is the improvement of in-game banter through the reduction in frequency of common banter “interruptors,” including SAM’s hazard updates. Banter interruptions were pretty annoying so this change is definitely a welcome one.
The rest of the changes coming with Patch 1.05 are listed in the patch notes below:
- Improved tutorial placement
- Increased inventory limits
- Single player balance changes: Ammo crates, armor, weapons, nomad, profiles, attacks, and progression
- Multiplayer balance changes: Weapons, cover, and enemies (check back for detailed notes on balance changes)
- Improved matchmaking and latency in multiplayer
- Added option to skip autopilot sequences in the galaxy map
- Decreased the cost of remnant decryption keys and made them more accessible at merchants
- Improved logic, timing, and continuity for relationships and story arcs
- Improved lip-sync and facial acting during some conversations, including localized VO
- Fixed an issue with Ryder’s movements when running in a zig zag pattern
- Improved the appearance of eyes for human and asari characters
- Fixed various collision issues
- Fixed bugs where music or VO wouldn’t play or wasn’t correct
- Fixed issue where global squad mate banter sometimes wasn’t firing on UNCs
- Fixed issue where player was unable to access the Remnant Console Interface after failing decryption multiple times
- Fixed issue where fast travel is sometimes disabled after recruiting Drack until the player reloads a save
- Fixed issue where Ryder can become stuck in the start of Biotic Charge Pose
- Fixes issues related to some saves
- Fixed issue where objective sometimes becomes un-interactable for players in multiplayer
- Streaming and stability improvements
The development team of Mass Effect Andromeda has promised that a ton of changes and fixes will be coming to the game to improve many of the aspects and portions that it was criticized for including the game’s animations.