After “working extremely hard to iron out the bugs our community and media reported,” developer inXile has released Torment: Tides of Numenera update 1.02 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, which fixes bugs and improves performance.
You can see the highlights of update 1.02, as well as the full list of performance and stability changes, below:
- Fixed a large number of freezes that would happen in various states.
- Numerous performance optimizations.
- Addendum text should now be appearing on item descriptions. Many dozens of items now have more details depending on your lore skills and other factors!
- Fixed an issue that was preventing party members from bantering. Party members should now be much more talkative!
- Updated a number of crisis sequences to rebalance a number of enemies. In some situations, it will make combat proceed more quickly with combats that were sluggish.
- Numerous fixes and improvements to movement grid, pathing, and AI. This should prevent issues where the game would hang as combat could get stuck in numerous situations.
- Several quest and conversation fixes.
- Inspiring Presence and other looping sound effects have been reduced or removed.
Performance & Stability
- Scene-specific performance optimizations for a majority of game scenes, particularly throughout Sagus Cliffs.
- Numerous cleanups and optimizations to movement grid, pathfinding, and AI calculations.
- Improved performance on several visual effects.
- Reduction of garbage generation to reduce associated frame drops from garbage collection.
- Significant reduction of garbage generation during controller movement.
- Various game cameras are now disabled when fullscreen UI is present. This should improve framerate in Inventory, Character Creation, and other screens.
- Performance improvements and optimizations to NPC animators.
In the above video, Creative Lead Colin McComb says the team is going to improve Torment even further.