After “working extremely hard to iron out the bugs our community and media reported,” developer inXile has released Torment: Tides of Numenera update 1.02 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, which fixes bugs and improves performance.
You can see the highlights of update 1.02, as well as the full list of performance and stability changes, below:
- Fixed a large number of freezes that would happen in various states.
- Numerous performance optimizations.
- Addendum text should now be appearing on item descriptions. Many dozens of items now have more details depending on your lore skills and other factors!
- Fixed an issue that was preventing party members from bantering. Party members should now be much more talkative!
- Updated a number of crisis sequences to rebalance a number of enemies. In some situations, it will make combat proceed more quickly with combats that were sluggish.
- Numerous fixes and improvements to movement grid, pathing, and AI. This should prevent issues where the game would hang as combat could get stuck in numerous situations.
- Several quest and conversation fixes.
- Inspiring Presence and other looping sound effects have been reduced or removed.
Performance & Stability
- Scene-specific performance optimizations for a majority of game scenes, particularly throughout Sagus Cliffs.
- Numerous cleanups and optimizations to movement grid, pathfinding, and AI calculations.
- Improved performance on several visual effects.
- Reduction of garbage generation to reduce associated frame drops from garbage collection.
- Significant reduction of garbage generation during controller movement.
- Various game cameras are now disabled when fullscreen UI is present. This should improve framerate in Inventory, Character Creation, and other screens.
- Performance improvements and optimizations to NPC animators.
In the above video, Creative Lead Colin McComb says the team is going to improve Torment even further.
Torment Tides of Numenera Update 1.02 Out on PS4, Xbox