Speaking to Polygon, XCOM designer Jake Soloman dropped a pretty huge bombshell regarding XCOM 2‘s upcoming “War of the Chosen” expansion. The DLC, which is set to launch on August 24, apparently boasts enough content to “form the basis of a sequel.” He went on to explain that, while the quantity of content is there, a sequel would also “require an entirely new narrative.”
If you’re wondering what exactly is featured in the War of the Chosen expansion, then read on:
- New Factions & Hero Classes – Three additional factions – the Reapers, Skirmishers and Templars – each with its own Hero class
- The Chosen – A deadly new enemy force that will kidnap, interrogate and kill XCOM’s soldiers. They can even invade the strategy layer and ravage XCOM’s global operations
- New Alien and Advent Threats – Adopt new tactics to counter a deadly new alien known as the Spectre, the explosive attacks of the ADVENT Purifier, and the psionically charged ADVENT Priest
- New Environments and Mission Objectives – Players can engage in wide-ranging tactical missions, from abandoned cities devastated by alien bioweapons during the original invasion, to underground tunnels and xenoformed wilderness regions
- Enhanced Strategy Layer – Manage relations with factions while countering enemy operations from the Avenger
- Greater Customization & Replayability – Soldiers cultivate bonds with compatible teammates for new abilities and perks, while the SITREP system dynamically adds new modifiers to the tactical layer to make sure every missions provides a unique challenge
- Challenge Mode – New regular community challenges that rank players on a global leaderboard.
Looks like XCOM 2 players have a hell of a lot to look forward to!
Will you be playing the expansion when it releases on August 24? If so, what aspect are you most looking forward to?