As always, it’s been a busy week filled with news, features and reviews over at PlayStation LifeStyle. In order to help our readers make sure they didn’t miss anything huge, we’ve created The Round-Up. It’s a weekly look at what has happened on the site, and will get you all caught up on the latest PlayStation news!
We’re doing it in a slightly different style than previous weeks, so let us know in the comments if you enjoyed it.
- Tetsuya Nomura, the Kingdom Hearts III director, discussed the anticipated title’s several delays. He also talked more about the game’s Toy Story world.
- Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age debuted atop the UK sales chart.
- Reborn: A Samurai Awakens is coming to PlayStation VR, and looks pretty rad.
- Michael Pachter sees a PS4 Pro price cut on the horizon.
- Everyone’s favorite Neo Geo classic Windjammers got a release date.
- Piccolo and Krillin were revealed for Dragon Ball FighterZ. Later in the week they were detailed.
- BioWare had a crazy week as Casey Hudson returned, and Aaryn Flynn left.
- Titanfall 2 is getting a horde mode, and a new map.
- I’ll be replaying Undertale when it releases in August for PS4 and Vita.
- Next week Doomfist will finally be available in Overwatch for console players.
- Patapon Remastered comes out August 1!
- The most ridiculous Vita game of the year might be Drive Girls.
- Telltale Games had plenty of exciting announcements including The Wolf Among Us 2, one final season of The Walking Dead, and more Batman!
- All of DOOM‘s DLC is now free. Thanks, Bethesda! They also showed gameplay off for The Evil Within 2.
- We’ll be playing Uncharted: The Lost Legacy soon, so it’s no surprise that it went gold.
- Activision released a free DLC level for Crash Bandicoot.
- Despite it not fitting in with the game’s tone at all, there will be zombies in Call of Duty: WWII.
- Everyone’s favorite yakuza daddy Kiryu got to show off his skills in the latest Yakuza Kiwami trailer.
- Ghost Recon Wildlands is getting a PvP mode, and will have an open beta for it.
- Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite‘s roster got beefed up with the addition of Spider-Man, Nemesis and Frank West.
- Starfire was introduced in Injustice 2 at Comic-Con this week.
- Everyone’s favorite spider, Shelob, will be in Middle-earth: Shadow of War.
- NBA 2K18‘s soundtrack was revealed, and while it has some certified bangers, there’s no Correll Bufford.
- Mack checked out The Controller People’s custom PS4 controller.
- Chandler kept his hands cool by using the Nyko Intercooler Grip, but couldn’t really recommend it.
- If you’re like me and sick of nearly every game revolving around violence, then you’ll want to check out Yonder. Chandler Wood reviewed this gorgeous looking PS4 game that offered up a lot of surprises.
- RPG fans got a double dose of role-playing goodness this week in the form of Fallen Legion. I reviewed both the PS4 version, Sins of an Empire, and the Vita release, Flames of Rebellion, which both offer different sides to the same story.
- Blake Grundman got to check out Black the Fall, and while he enjoyed the 2.5D puzzle-platformer, he felt that there were too many “interesting concepts that [were] executed poorly” to truly recommend it.
- Chandler got to put on his PlayStation VR headset and pilot a mech in Archangel, which I’m very jealous about. It seems to be a really great game, so check it out if you’ve already spent $400 on a headset.
- Our own Paulmichael Contreras really dug the strategy RPG Children of Zodiarcs. In his review he calls it “a bargain at $17.99,” and says there’s “plenty of content to sink your teeth into.”
- Finally, I got to play both SUPERHOT and SUPERHOT VR again. They’re both still fantastic games, but SUPERHOT VR requires more precision than PSVR can regularly handle.
Previews & Interviews:
- Chandler and I both checked out the Destiny 2 beta, and wrote about their experiences. Chandler discussed why Ghaul was the villain that Destiny has always needed, while I was underwhelmed, but not enough to not buy the game.
- Paulmichael got to talk about Warframe: Plains of Eidolon with Digital Extremes’ Sheldon Carter.
- To celebrate World Emoji Day, I wrote about how emojis are the future of criticism.
- I also started a new regular feature where I’ll highlight some of the best deals during PlayStation Store sales. For this week, I did so for the July Flash Sale and the European Summer Sale.
- Over at the Help Desk, Chandler detailed how to unlock exotic weapons in the Destiny 2 beta.
- Meanwhile, Mack detailed the top 5 things to do in the Destiny 2 beta.
What’s Coming Next Week:
- The 411 on the lastest releases, including: Fortnite, Tiny Trax, Sundered, Aven Colony, Infinite Minigolf, Pyre, Super Cloudbuilt, Collar X Malice and Theseus.
- A look at the best RPGs on the PlayStation Vita.
- Find out how the staff all began writing about video games.
- Even more Destiny 2 beta impressions as Chandler and Tyler square-off.
What was your weekly highlight? Let us know in the comments below! And be sure to check back next Sunday for all the PlayStation news you may have missed in the Round-Up!