Read the Overwatch Update 2.24 Patch Notes
Overwatch update 2.24 is now available to download on consoles and PC. There are changes to Moira, and “improvements to matchmaking that will decrease the range of Skill Rating between players on the same team.” All of these have been detailed in the official patch notes.
Check out the Overwatch update 2.24 patch notes below:
- Changed Moira’s ultimate ability name from Fusión to Coalescencia in Latin American Spanish (esMX)
- Added four new voice lines when Moira says her ultimate ability name in Latin American Spanish (esMX)
- Made improvements to matchmaking that will decrease the range of Skill Rating between players on the same team
Developer Comments: This change will help players get placed with allies and against opponents of a similar skill level, which should lead to more satisfying games.
- Fixed an issue that caused the main menu to be unusable for certain players
- Fixed a bug that allowed Moira’s Biotic Orb to pass through terrain and structures unintentionally
For even more on Overwatch, check out our review of Blizzard’s first-person shooter. Here’s what our reviewer had to say:
With accessibility to spare, a real commitment to diversity and an infectious sense of innocent fun, Overwatch feels like an important game — the sort that can bridge boundaries in the oft-segmented gaming community. I don’t think I’m exaggerating when I say that this may just be the project to revitalize lapsed or disheartened gamers’ interest in the medium, or the one to bring new players onboard the FPS wagon. So many big games unintentionally put up a wall, implying through their communities, marketing or even gameplay, that they are only for one kind of player or another. Overwatch, on the other hand, makes no mistake in identifying its audience: anyone and everyone that wants to take a shot. It’s ironic to imagine a title about a fragmented team fighting amongst itself serving as a big unifier, but that might just be what we need. At a time when the division between our hobby’s constituents seems more visible than ever, Overwatch reminds us that we’re more alike than different — if we let them, games can bring us together. I don’t know about you, but I think that’s something well worth fighting for.
Overwatch update 2.24 is available now.